Search

last minute recommendations for us?

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2005, 01:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
last minute recommendations for us?

hello everyone!

we are getting quite excited for our trip to provo - we leave in two weeks! this forum has been quite helpful already and when we return, i will be sure to post our trip report!

any last minute suggestions/recommendations for dining out, excursions, places to go out in the evening to have a few drinks? we will be staying at RWI for 8 days, 7 nights.

any and all suggestions would be appreciated!
Old May 22nd, 2005, 04:01 PM

Make sure you go to the Turtle Cove Inn to eat (Aqua Bar and Terrace restaurant) Wonderful! Have a great time, Grace Bay beach is beautiful.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 03:49 PM
Original Poster

thanks MIM04! we will be sure to stop there!

anybody else have any recommendations?
Old May 23rd, 2005, 05:06 PM

i recall a nice sunday brunch at mango reef. cheeseburger on the deck at sharkbite.(they have a good t-shirt) romantic dinner on the patio at anacona. drinks at tiki hut. aqua bar is excellent. drive out blue hills highway until you find bugaloos conch shack (and i do mean shack) someone will go into the sea for your conch and then prepare it to order while you watch or check out the beach. byob. bugaloo will be glad if you offer to share one with him and will likely tell you fun stories. on perhaps a different day, go to the east end to the conch farm, to see them from tiny to huge.
rwi is very nice. wait til you feel the sand!! have a wonderful trip.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 05:06 PM

Just got back from 11 days/10 nights at RWI and can't wait to go back! The Mango Reef restaurant meals were better this year then last year (new management) and compared to other places, the prices were not bad. We also experienced better service, but that is just our experience.
One of our favorite restaurants is Caicos Cafe. Never have had a bad meal or service there.
Aqua Bar was very good.
Iguanas was good, but fish was a bit overdone. Prime rib meals people were getting looked much better. Definately would eat there again, but order differently.
Tiki Hut on Wednesday is a fun cheap night.
We didn't eat at any of the expensive, more upscale restaurants as that isn't to our taste.
Had lunch at Sharkbite and Hey Jose's and meals just so so. Couldn't find a good Margarita anywhere we tried (I know it isn't Mexico).

It did rain several days but mostly just a brief shower in the morning or evening. Last day it rained all day got over 6 inches and several roads/cars
flooded. Still flooded in places on Sunday. That is pretty unusual though.

Take insect repellent as the mosquitos are biting and you don't hear them buzz before they attack!

Also take hydrocortizone cream for insect bites and for sunburn! It worked better then the green goo (Solarcaine aloe gel).

If you use the Gecko shuttle, just be patient as it isn't always on time. You need to be flexible. But sometimes it was good, because they would run you to where you wanted to go rather then go to their next stop.

Have fun and enjoy. RWI is a wonderful place to relax.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 07:34 PM

I enjoyed the blackened mahi wraps at Bay Bistro very much, comes with salad or fries, yummy!! Ended up there for them 3 times!! have a great trip.
Old May 24th, 2005, 11:56 AM

I highly recommend the 1/2 day Beach Cruise with J&B Tours. Small group, great staff, went to Little Water Cay (Iguana Island), an island for shelling and diving for sand dollars, long ride past Parrott Cay etc. and a stop over the reef for snorkeling. Great rum punch and Turks Head beer on board. FUN!
Also, we had our best meals at Bay Bistro at Sibonne (incredible coconut conch dish) and also recommend watching a sunset at The Lounge at Anacaona/Grace Bay Club or having late drinks there when they have live music. Beautiful setting. Enjoy!
Old May 24th, 2005, 02:05 PM

I don't know if they still have it,but on Thursday nights Barefoot Cafe had fajitas for $15 and they were some of the best I have ever had!
Old May 25th, 2005, 05:16 AM
Original Poster

WOW! thank you all so VERY much for all your suggestions! as you can well imagine, we are getting very excited for our upcoming trip to provo [we leave in about 1.5 weeks!]

any other do's and don't out there?
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 03:35 AM

How was your trip.. Waiting to hear what you thought and did....????