Is Bermuda worth it?

Old May 5th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Bermuda worth it?

Wanting to whisk my wife away next month for 4 nights for our 18th. I'm considering Bermuda but am wondering if it's for us.
We're huge Jamaica fans and like to keep things simple and relaxed. I know it's high season there but I think I found pretty good deal. Basically I want to romance her for a long weekend. Any thoughts or other suggestions? We fly out of Chicago. Been to Harbor Isle, St. Martin, Nevis and St. John. Thanks !
Old May 5th, 2006, 12:11 PM

Bermuda is clean, beautiful and the people are courteous and kind. It is my favorite destination. No gambling, minimal nightlife. Hard to beat for romance. IMHO the answer to your post title is an unequivocal yes.
Old May 5th, 2006, 01:37 PM

Bernuda is one of the most charming islands. it is small, and romantic and laid back and beautiful.
the people are so nice if not a little reserved.
It is a clean well kept island.
My husband and I live in the Caribbean and I took him there a few years ago because he had never been.
He couldn't believe an island so far North would be so tropical.
it is a little cooler there than what we are used to in the Caribbean though.. we found the water a little chilly.
We were well into our middle age when we went there. we rented a 2 person motor scooter.there was nothing more romantic than my hubby driving me all over and me hanging on to the back of him.
I can still remember riding down the roads at night with the cool breeze and the wonderul smell of jasmine and fangipani in the air.
Old May 5th, 2006, 03:13 PM

I loved it 20 years ago(went with a group of women friends)and said if I ever go back it would be with my boyfriend or husband because it is too romantic a place to visit with a group of women. Enjoy!!
Old May 6th, 2006, 07:10 AM

We went there for our 10th anniversary and it had all the extra's that the Caribbean islands didn't have. I don't think you have to look any further. May should be a nice time to be there. Be sure and share details when you return!
Old May 6th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Original Poster

Wow! Sounds like we're of for Bermuda then. Thanks all !