Reload this Page >

Bermuda or Four Seasons Nevis or ????

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 07:12 AM
Garrett

I am goingon a Honeymoon in August 2003 and trying to determine going to Bermuda, Four Seasons Nevis or somewhere else in the Caribbean. What would you suggest and WHY?

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 07:22 AM
Tanya

Bermuda and other Caribbean islands are not quite the same (maybe because Bermuda is in the Atlantic?). Bermuda is a pristine small 21 mile Island that is very british. Very quiet, not a lot of night life but once you experience it you will want to return time and time again. We have been there 5 times and still enjoy its beauty. I find the other Islands more tourist oriented - offering more in regards to tours, nightlife, etc. Depends on what you want. I have met honeymooners while in Bermuda who have said it was perfect.<BR><BR>If I had a choice of Islands I would probably pick Tortola. Can't pinpoint any particular reason, just that we enjoyed our time there and the people.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Lorraine

Never been to Bermuda but just got back from Four Seasons Nevis. It was heaven!!<BR>I don't have one bad thing to say. When I get married, I plan on going back for my honeymoon.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 10:10 AM
ML

We got married in Bermuba six years <BR>ago and stayed at the South Hampton<BR>Princess. We have been back 4 times since 1996. It is a beautiful place <BR>great food, beaches,people. They also have great snorkle trips etc. The scooters can take you everywhere. I have only stayed at the South Hampton and Hamilton Princess but there is so much to choose from. I like to split the week between the two sister hotels. We love the caribbean but Bermuda is something special. We were married there in July of 96, and always try to sneak a quick trip in the summer. Never been to the Four Seasons. I hear it is beautiful. <BR><BR>Good luck !!

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 01:31 PM
KT

Garrett-Last year went to Four Seasons Nevis and year before that Bermuda. I think your choice should really depend on what you are looking for in your honeymoon. They will be very different vacations. Bermuda is beautiful, friendly, lots to do, with some night life and great beaches/water, but hotels are not luxurious. Four Seasons Nevis is also beautiful and friendly, but not as much to do as Bermuda and not as nice beaches/water...however, the 4S is LUXURIOUS--you can't come close to it in Bermuda. We really enjoyed both vacations for different reasons and you wouldn't go wrong with either choice. Good luck!!

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:16 AM
xxxx

You're traveling in hurricane season and you should check the average rainfall for some of these islands (especially Nevis)--nothing worse than a week of rain--of the two choices for August I would say Bermuda--the Reefs or the Pompano Club. <BR>If still in the caribbean, stay in the southern area --Grenada (LaLuna, Spice Island Resort or Le Sport), Barbados or Aruba. Maybe even at Palm Island Resort, Petit St. Vincent.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:23 AM
Nancy

I agree with xxxx. Was in Nevis in September one year and a hurricane came through while we were there and just missed us. High surf, no diving, and a hair-raising trip over to St. Kitts on a small plane in high winds since they weren't running the launch from Four Seasons.<BR>I suggest Barbados, Grenada or Tobago.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 08:58 AM
xxxx

oops, I meant La Source, Grenada not Le Sport!