Help for Wedding/Honeymoon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 2003, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We want to a carribean island to get married and honeymoon. Not against the idea of splitting our stay but if we could find the &quot;perfect spot&quot; for everything then we would prefer. Looking for not to many complications on the wedding ceremony; great beach to hang out at, some water sports, decent(fun) night life and great food - we also like a luxury resort - we are pretty easy going and not picky, complainers. Heard some real negative things about Sandals so I am real leary. I have been looking and looking and I'm getting desparate.... Getting married second week in May. PLEASE HELP THANKS !!!!! <BR>
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 02:49 PM

I would like to sugest the Resort Atlantis in Paradise Island, I think it will be all that you would need, it's a magical and very beautifull place, and above all very romantic.
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 05:56 AM

Don't go to Atlantis unless you want to be surrounded by screaming kids
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 06:20 AM

You might look into Galley Bay Hotel, Antigua with its Gaugain-inspired Tahitian design, Four Seasons Nevis or to the all-suites Cobblers Cove Hotel in Barbados. <BR>All hotels known for serving very good cuisine and Galley Bay and Cobblers Cove offer wedding packages, not sure about Four Seasons. Information and travel reviews at Where2Stay-- plus link to websites.
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 06:35 AM

IMO Atlantis is the very opposite of romantic. It's adequate as a family resort but it's extremely expensive, the food is mediocre and there are tons and tons of kids. Not what I would want on my honeymoon.<BR>I second the idea of St Kitss/Nevis. The islands are close together, there are several lovely resorts and the islands are gorgeous!<BR>
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 07:39 PM

Librastarqueen<BR><BR>Highly recommend The Ocean Club in the Bahamas. It's kinda pricey but really beautiful and would make a lovely backdrop for your wedding. <BR><BR>My other suggestion is Caneel Bay in St John. It's such a beautiful place and Caneel Bay is a very Lovely resort.<BR><BR>I went to a Carribean Island wedding held at the Ritz Carlton on the beach in San Juan, Puerto Rico ....One word beautiful!<BR><BR>Congratulations!