Grand Bahamas Great

Jun 13th, 2005, 09:46 AM
JJW
Original Poster

Grand Bahamas Great

Just returned from Westin Our Lucaya in Grand Bahamas. Beautiful hotel, have great suggestions for restaurants. Easy, friendly, efficient airport. Let me know if you're interested in details.
Jun 22nd, 2005, 06:43 AM

Hey, I am going next month. Was thinking about staying at the Sheraton. Any suggestions for other hotels you saw there that would be safe for a single woman traveling alone...for a "budget friendly" price?
Jun 22nd, 2005, 08:10 AM

Perfect timing - I was just looking at this hotel for me, my husband and 2 step daughters 5 and 10. Where would you suggest getting the best price deal? A particular web site or calling hotel directly?
Jun 22nd, 2005, 02:50 PM

I am considering Our Lucaya for a 5 day trip next April. Did you go with kids? I would have my 3 sons and sons with me. How were the pools? How were the water temps in the ocean? Were the pools and beach very crowded? Did you visit the Sheraton? Was the Westin worth the extra money? How was the food at the resort?
Jun 23rd, 2005, 05:58 AM

We were at Our Lucaya this past February. We were at the Sheraton and the room was fine. Nothing special but very clean and comfortable. We were on the water side so the view was nice. I think it would be a great place for kids with plenty of pool space and lots of activities. It did not feel crowded. The pool and ocean were too cold for me but it was Feb.

The food was rather pricey but ok. There's a little 'shack' at the Sheraton end of the pool that had cheap- and good- burgers and fish. Good place for a quick lunch. We liked the one asian restaurant. The buffet was pretty good but we did feel sick the next day- maybe a coincidence. The best meal we had was at a small retaurant off site. I think it was part of another hotel and almost across the street from the Westin end of the resort.