Reload this Page >

Getting married on Cap Juluca

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 06:33 AM
seggler

I am thinking of getting married on Cap Juluca. Can anyone give past experiences? Is it worth the long travel time to this island to be married there? Thanks for your help.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 07:04 AM
martin

I did not get married there, but spent a week with my wife (just a year into our marriage...) in Cap Juluca. Definitely the best spot I've been to, and I would certainly recommend it. Beach perfect, staff unobtrusive yet attentative. Breakfast always on own terrace (even in "smaller" rooms (which are huge)). Go Go Go. Worth the trip.<BR><BR>All the best for the wedding

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 08:29 AM
Nancy

We were there in July and there were two weddings. IMO Cap Juluca is the perfect place to get married. The weddings that we saw were at the far end of the property overlooking this incredible beach and ocean. It is definitely worth it.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 09:32 AM
cleo

I didn't get married there but went to Anguilla two years ago. The beach at Cap was our absolute favorite and we went to all of them. It's an incredible place, flat and not scenic but the beaches cannot be beat. Enjoy and good luck!

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 12:22 PM
cms

To those who replied, I would be interested to know what other resorts you've been to and how they compare to Cap J for a destination wedding. Thanks!

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 12:27 PM
M Helm

Without re-hashing what's already been written about Tryall (search keyword Tryall) I'd suggest taking a look at it. There was a wedding in progress when I was down there earlier this summer with a group of friends and it looked ideal. Also, with off-season rates low as they are it's a bargain for your guests. One of the houses we stayed at has a website with some good info on Jamaica: www.randolins.com

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 12:42 PM
Caribtrvlr

You have chosen one of the most magical places for your wedding. Only you and your guests can decide if it is worth it but imo it's a resounding YES.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 01:32 PM
Ellen

I have been to Cap and it is beautiful. Just to give you another option, equally as beautiful and upscale but different, is Biras Creek on Virgin Gorda. It is not hotel-ish it is like Cap, beautiful cottages strung along the shore. I was married there a year and a half ago. The location is lush and beautiful, beautiful beach, excellent wonderful food and wine and superior service. Our wedding pictures look like postcards. We had a beautiful sunset ceremony and pictures taken all over the resort, (via golf cart).(You get around the resort on bicycles its great! Its so easy to get around as the property is quite large, but its not hilly or difficult, just beautiful flower lined wide paths to the dock, beach and pool.) Cleo Bradley arranged it all for us in a 20 minute phone call 2 months before our wedding and it could not have been more perfect. Biras' prices include breakfast, lunch dinnner, afternoon tea. The beach bar and service is great, just pull up your flag!! All water sports are included and you get a boston whaler to explore the surrounding area, but not allowed to go over a certain point, its very safe. Cap Juluca is beautiful as well, excellent food, great Anguilla restaurants, amazing beaches, and beautiful rooms, warm friendly people. <BR>You can check out the website: www.biras.com<BR>Have fun planning and congratulations!

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 02:14 PM
seggler

Ellen. Thanks for the input. My boyfriend wants to get married on Nevis - Four Seasons- because it's lush and the golf course would make beautiful pictures. He thinks Anguilla is not lush enough. I think the beach on nevis is not great and the beach at Cap Juluca seems like a dream. Your reply might be a good comprimise. Thank you.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 04:07 PM
Adrienne

I am planning my wedding at Cap in November so I can't give you past experiences yet, but I can tell you a coworker just came back from gettting married on Anguilla (not at Cap) and was incrediably happy that she did so. Good luck to you!

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 11:48 AM
allen

I can give you my opinion regarding Cap Juluca vs. Four Seasons Nevis. I have stayed at both resorts and both are first rate!! I stayed in a jr. suite at Cap. That double tub is perfect for honeymooners. Cap is more serene compared to Four Seasons Nevis. Cap is much smaller and private compared to FS Nevis. Cap has a better beach and you can walk out from your villa or suite right onto the beach at Cap. There are also lounge chairs on the beach close to your villa. The beach at Cap has white sand and clear blue water. The beach at Nevis is nice, no problem with it, just Cap's beach is better. The beach at Cap is more private than FS Nevis. Cap's beach is open to the public, but due to Cap's location, you won't find non-Cap guests at that beach other than a few that are allowed to sell their merchandise (1 or 2 people). Cap is quiet although activities are available. The food there is delicious as well as FS Nevis. Breakfast on your terrace is great at Cap.<BR><BR>The golf view at FS Nevis is beautiful! FS Nevis has more of a resort feel. Lots of things going on. You will find more kids at FS Nevis vs. Cap, although they were well behaved. You will find more locals selling their wares at FS Nevis, but security is there so that they don't harass you. The pools at FS Nevis are spectacular with a fountain and all. You can have your meals served on your screened patio terrace next to your room. You will either have an ocean view or a mountain view. I rather liked the mountain view.<BR><BR>Both places are wonderful, just different. Either one is an excellent choice.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 06:40 AM
seggler

Allen: Thank you so much for your input. The best man at our wedding has two children, so I need a place which can keep them busy. I heard FS is pretty good at it. Do you know if Cap has good child services? Your description of the resorts helps so much! Thank you Thank you.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 03:33 PM
Allen

Both Cap Juluca and FS Nevis have kids programs. At Cap, they take the kids for half day activities (I think this is on friday), although they offer daily activities for kids & board games. When I was there, we saw the kids out waterskiing where they took one child at a time around the water. It was fun to watch. Cap also has babysitters. Cap has a TV room where you can watch a movie. When I was there this summer, every night at 8 or 9pm a movie was shown (VHS tape). <BR><BR>I think FS Nevis had bigger kid program facilities, but remember it is a bigger resort. At FS Nevis, there was a huge game room with video games, pool table, and other games. <BR><BR>For more pictures of cap juluca visit www.travelhop.com.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 07:52 PM
fyi

Cap's children's program is only during off season and during certain holidays I believe.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 03:47 AM
seggler

Allen. Thanks again. You are a wealth of info. With your info boyfriend and I desided on Nevis. I believe I can't lose out with either resort, but that FS offers a little more activity. Thanks for you help. Have a great one.