Search

Wedding at Cap Juluca

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wedding at Cap Juluca

Penny if you're out there I'm sure you can help on this one...also anyone else please feel free to respond with insite! I am hoping to have our wedding in Nov 2005 at CJ and am looking for any and all avice you can provide! We hope to finalize the date this week. There is another wedding planned on one of the weekends we are looking at and then nothing on the alternate weekend...however the weekend with the other wedding would still provide us with "summer season rates" (a Bonus) and the alternate weekend bumps us into the higher Fall rate category...how flexible will CJ be with rate negotiations for 2 to 10 rooms? Should I be nervous that there could potentially be two weddings in one weekend (different days)? From what I understand the other wedding is for 40 guests (don't know how many are staying at CJ) and our wedding will probably be around 50 or so (not all staying at CJ) Once we secure the date then we'll get more into the specifics of reception etc....Also will CJ "hold" a block of rooms for us? Are there other "package rates" we can try and negotiate? What questions should I be sure to ask???Any advice is greatly greatly appreciated!!!!!
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 04:59 PM

My husband and I were married in Anguilla 7 years ago. Having experience with desination weddings/event planning:

I would not be concerned at all should there be two weddings Cap's level of service & support is superb. Also quite sure they can give you complete autonomy for your wedding.

as far as negotiating - usually group rates (discounted) are for 10 or more rooms and you must adhere to contract.

With less than ten rooms I would try booking rooms (& air) through a travel agent.

Travel insurance and wedding insurance is strongly recomended.

If you are planning a beach wedding, make sure there is back up space in case of rain. My friends went to Anguilla last November and it rained every day (which was highly unusual).

Always approach negotiations with how can we best make this work? what can we do rather than what can't we do.

You will fall in love with the beautiful island and people of Anguilla and will always hold a special place in your hearts!

Kindest wishes for a beautiful wedding and marriage.
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 06:25 PM

Cap Juluca is a beautiful place to be wed--my sister was married there last year. The reception was held at Pimms, you might ask about that. And there is also a popular local band, Happy Hits, you may consider. Best wishes!
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Original Poster

Hi - Thanks to you both for your input...we have our date secured and are putting together Save The Dates for friends and family. CJ has been wonderful to work with - and we'll be going down in a few months to finalize all the details!
\
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 03:34 PM

Just saw this post. I am glad it all worked out for you! So you get a bonus to see the resort and plan for your wedding! Lucky you!
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Original Poster

Another question for you all .... entertainment choices and photographers.... any suggestions? We would prefer B&W photography if possible (so many friends and family will be taking color photos) And for entertainment - Fun, funky, high energy dancing is what we are looking for - we've heard of Happy Hits ... any other thoughts?
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 10:50 AM
OT

There is a band called Boss which is very good, they play at Mango's once a week.

CJ should be able to find them for you.