Curacao Dining

Old Feb 1st, 2006, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curacao Dining

Please recommend 5 places for really good dinners in Curacao -- we especially like creative fish dishes and Italian food. Considering La Pergola, Portofino, Blues, Astrolab, and Wine Cellar. Thanks.
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 04:43 AM

My favorite was Astrolab -- sit outside on the patio, the atmosphere was wonderful. We also really liked Jaipur (both of these at Kura Hulanda Complex) it's all outside tables next to the pool. If Portofino is the one at the Marriott, it gets terrible reviews, there are better choices (we stayed at Marriott, we loved it, but did not eat dinner there). Wine Cellar the food was pretty good but it had a very closed in feeling, the service wasn't great and they had loud piped in music which was very annoying for an elegant dinner. Bistro Le Clochard has a nice view overlooking the harbour, we were not in love with our meal but perhaps that's because we had fish, they are supposed to be known for their beef. We really enjoyed Curacao, especially the Kura Hulanda complex, so interesting!
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 06:19 AM
Original Poster

Any thoughts on Goodfellas, a new Italian place, or fish places?
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 04:45 PM

In Jan. we had an average meal at Astro Observatory at $125 plus tip. Eliminate Portofino. I would only go for free, personally. Your other ideas are ones we ate at last month. You might want to substitute Larousse for Astro-sa,e price range. While our last meal there was average others were very good. We liked LaPeragla Newly opened Goodfella's has good food and in 3-4 weeks will iron outthe kinks in the service. I met 4-5 couples who ate at the Wine Cellar and none of them were very enthusiastic about returning. Also, avoid Ft. Nassau.
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 12:35 PM
Original Poster

What types of food does Larousse have? We don't eat meat. Do they have fish?
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Original Poster

Any other suggestions?
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 02:13 PM

Larousse has a variety of entrees including shrimp, 1-2 fresh fish dishes, chicken and beef which you do not want.
The Wine Cellar, i forgotto mention. It was above average put not as good as Larousse and only 10-15% less expensive.
Goodfella's had good food, almost as good as La Peragola but had spotty service because we were there 1/12 or 1/13 a few days after it opened.
By now I am 90% sure it has worked out the kinks. I must tell you both La Peragola and Goodfella's are good they are not gourmet Italian food but the price is 60+/- of Astrolab.
Ft. Nassau is also out as I mentioned was Portofino.
Rut's Hut for lunch was not very good either.
From the above you have 5.
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 02:16 PM

I was unclear about Ft. Nassau. Take a pass for sure! A cocktail at sundown is nice there then go elsewhere for dinner.