Cayman restaurant question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2006, 04:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This will our first trip to the Caymans..have always gone to Turks and Caicos in the past.We will be staying in a condo and eating breakfast and lunch there,but will be going out for dinner. I have seen many restaurants reviewed here and they sound wonderful. Is there any way someone could group a few by their cost..low,medium and high. I realize low in the Caymans isn't the same thing as low in many other places but it would give me an idea. For instance, I'm seeing Papagallos as high,the Cracked Conch as moderate and Calypso Chicken as somewhat lower. Is this right or am I totally off base?
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 05:08 AM

You're right

Here's a spot for all restaurants
caymanrestaurants.com
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 11:15 AM
tws

johanna32 my wife and I trying to plan a trip to GC in May. When are you going? Would you post a reveiw of the island upon you return. I am wondering how they are after hurricanes, hotels and snorkeling etc.
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 02:28 PM

YEAH, YOU'RE ABOUT RIGHT AS FAR AS PRICE RANGE GOES. LOTS OF GOOD RESTAURANTS ON THE ISLAND
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 08:16 PM
Original Poster

We are leaving on this Saturday( the 4th) and will be glad to report back. Thanks for the info.I checked some of the restaurants online and prices look about the same as in Turks. We want to eat at couple of really good places,some that are moderate and some that are cheaper. Getting some info and recommendations ahead of time would make things easier.
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 08:24 AM

Just had to add to make sure whatever prices you've seen are in US not CI or else you WILL be surprised
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 03:56 AM

Filter is right. The charges you are seeing for meals are likely in CI, and so higher in price than you may be expecting.

You are also right in the three restaurants you have listed in how they fall price wise.

For a quick, good snack...I'd also suggest trying the Gelataria, near Cafe Sol. Very good, and the gentleman that runs it [family owned] is just delightful.

The Cayman Islands are gorgeous, you are going to love your time there, but do be prepared for the cost of eating out. Quite expensive.
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 09:44 AM

We loved The Wharf; it's on the pricey side but has a great waterfront location and wonderful food. The Reef Grill is very good, too. The Caymans have many restaurants in all price ranges.
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 10:51 AM

Two restaurants that we never miss are The Reef Grill and Pappagalos. Both are exceptional.
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 02:23 PM

I must differ with my fellow travels. Of 5 visits for snorkeling and diving we found only average places to eat including the ones mentioned at quite high prices compared to other island counties for same quality/service.
The Wharf was above average but that was the best and expensive.
But, chef's change over night and that can make all the difference in the world. So experience in the last 1-2 months is your best guide. Our last visit was 9 months ago.