Crystal Cove vs Turtle Beach

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I'm trying to choose between 2 all inclusive hotels, the Crystal Cove or Turtle Beach. Any recommendations, comments or opinions? I'm concerned about Crystal Cove being too small, in terms of the pool and grounds, and not having enough dining choices. Thanks for any help!
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 12:21 PM

Crystal Cove is on the calm west coast in a generally better area. Take a look at the about-to-open Almond Casuarina Beach Resort. It is the updated version of the old Casuarina Beach Hotel, with extensive grounds and much more beach than Turtle (1 or 2 doors away). FYI, Barbados is an island with many fine eating spots and entertainment, both hotel and independent, so going A.I. sort of traps you at the hotel. There is very little A.I. on Barbados, and they are not generally the better hotels.
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Original Poster

Xkenx,
Thanks for the info and reply. We're doing AI because my wife is pregnant and so conveinence and ease is an important priority. We'll be going in March, so I don't think the new resort will available. Do you have a preference between the 2 mentioned properties or experiences with them? Thanks again.
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 02:19 PM

FHTraveler, Turtle has more extensive grounds, more beach, more opportunity for privacy. Crystal Cove is more jammed in, but on a calmer beach for swimming/snorkeling. Sounds like you picked these up from the Elegant Hotels group. IMO the nicest of their group is Colony Club, with a string of pools wandering thru the grounds. They may not do A.I., but they have the facilities to have everything there. And they share a beach with Coral Reef Club, the class act on the island, where you could walk to their restaurant/entertainment for a changeoff.
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

XKen, Thanks for the input! It is much appreciated.
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Original Poster

Xkenx,
One more question if you can answer, Do Expedia and other review sites like TripAdvisor rate Crystal Cove as better quality hotel 4 stars as opposed to 3.5 stars than Turtle Beach. Do you think there is much difference in quality? Especially considering that my wife will probably stick by the pool most of the time?
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 03:54 PM

FHT, Reviews of Crystal Cove and Turtle Beach are generally good. If it's about pools, IMO Colony Club is the best, with their string of pools in a nice setting. Colony Club is in the best location, and has the exceptional Coral Reef club next door.