help!!!!

Old Jan 8th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help!!!!

I believe I have made the choice to go to Turks and Caicos late April early May to celebrate a special anniversary with my husband. Reading all the posts/reviews on this site and trip advisor can make you crazy. My gut feeling is if the reviews are 70-80 percent positive I feel comfortable choosing resort. I am looking at Coral Gardens,Grace Bay Club and was just looking at a spot called Windmills Plantation on Salt Cay.On the bang for my buck side of my options have been reading posts on Sibonne Hotel.Would like to book soon, so hard to choose, as we go away so rarely, want trip to be perfect. Great beach,not too large a resort,not alot of kids(I love kids, but mine are grown}, close proximity to other restaurants,preferably no construction going on near our beach, these are some of my requests,
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 12:01 PM

The resort part of Grace Bay Club does not allow kids under 12. Also, the construction around it is pretty much done.
Coral Gardens will have kids, and some crowds becuase everybody snorkels there. Keep in mind i mean crowds by Provo standards, not other islands, it's still a pretty quiet island.
You'll definately get peace and quiet on Salt Cay, it's hard to get too, and not many restaurants.
Sibonne is clean and comfortable, and has a great (but expensive) restaurant Bay Bistro. you can also walk to Hemmingways at the Sands, and restaurants at the palms, Summerset, and Alexandria.
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Original Poster

Are the beaches on Salt Cay as beautiful as Provo? thanks for replying so quickly to my question. and anyone out there stayed or visited windmill plantation?
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 02:31 PM

We stayed at the Windmills every year for many years until 2001. They have subsequently changed hands so I can't say exactly what it is like now. But it is beautifully secluded, the most beautiful white sand you've ever seen, and no one else in sight. There is nothing to see on the island, but you can make your own fun. The snorkeling and diving was fantastic. The Windmills is very small and right on the beach with 2 small pools. It is a great place to go with friends and have cocktails each night as the sun goes down. I am not sure what they are doing about meals now. When we went all meals and liquor were included. It is a salt producing island , so there are many salt pans and a bit of history and a lot of colorful characters. But remember there are only 200 people on the island, some local and some imported and mostly school children who leave after 6th grade. We loved it there. It is a very special place if you are looking for romantic solitude.
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 03:50 PM

T & C is a great choice. But bang for the buck would put me and my husband at either Royal West Indies, Sibonne, The Sands, or Ocean Club Resorts. I would want a full kitchen, washer and dryer, so that would exclude Sibonne. Good to great resturants would exclude Salt Cay. No kids would exclude The Sands and maybe OC. I would look into RWI. Within walking to a lot of great resturants, plus one on site. All these resorts on the same beautiful beach, except Windmills, just take a look at the websites and see what fits the budget. Late April, early May will not be school vacations, so that will help with the kid issue. Hope this helps. Any other questions, just ask!
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 08:44 PM

francine: Hello, I came across your email while checking out turks hotels myself for a vacation in May. For starters prices go down around may 12th ...... I have been actively researching extensively. I would try the Royal West Indies, I too considered the Sibonne, and while that will be fine, it may not be as impressive or well up to par via a vacation get away. After all it is vacation. the Palms are way over priced. Again the Royal west Indies or the Ocean Club WEST,,,,,not east... older...Food is pricey, I would n't lock into a meal plan, for better eats at other restaurants. good luck......
Old Feb 16th, 2006, 04:21 AM

Do look into VRBO.com, for renting on Provo, Royal West Indies Resort is one we rented on vrbo. A good bit of savings over the resort prices. Just another option.
Old Feb 16th, 2006, 08:25 AM

Grace Bay Club and Coral Gardens are much different. Grace Bay Club is so much nicer (five star) and CG is more of a condo-hotel and not very pretty however it's close to the reef.

Our Picks:

Grace Bay Club
Turks & Caicos Club
Point Grace