Barbados: Crystal Cove vs. Almond Beach

Apr 12th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Original Poster

Barbados: Crystal Cove vs. Almond Beach

Does anyone have experience with either of these resorts in Barbados? Are there any reasons to value one over the other?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Apr 12th, 2007, 01:20 PM

I believe both are all-inclusive. But Barbados is an island with many great restaurants, both hotel and independent. CC and AB are very ordinary resorts on crowded sub-par beaches. They are heavily-promoted by tour operators, hence the prices. For similar money you can stay at the very classy family-owned resorts, Coral Reef Club and Sandpiper, or theSee
www.coralreefbarbados.com www.sandpiperbarbados.com
www.treasurebeachhotel.com
and check reviews here and at www.tripadvisor.com

and
Apr 12th, 2007, 01:22 PM

My typo. The 3rd hotel is the boutique Treasure Beach Hotel.
Apr 13th, 2007, 12:26 AM

You have access to 2 beaches if you stay at Almond Beach, turn left and you are on the lovely beach in front of Sandy Lane and turn right there is access to another sandy beach in front of private homes where you can snorkel. The hotel itself does not really have a beach of it's own but it really is not an issue.

I would go for AI in Barbados as eating out is expensive. AB is a 3 star hotel and one of the more inexpensive options. There are better AI resorts certainly.
Apr 13th, 2007, 11:33 AM

I've stayed at Almond Beach Club (the adults only one) and it was awesome. The food was great, and the water sports were wonderful. We waterskiied all day one day. And it's super all-inclusive! Have fun!
Apr 13th, 2007, 01:28 PM

I can't compare with the other hotels mentioned but Almond Resorts is lovely. the grounds are beautiful, the beaach is nice, the food is very good, and the service was excellent.
I loved it there

Search this Thread