Where to stay in Barbados

Old Apr 14th, 2003, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to stay in Barbados

I need some suggestions of nice "good value hotel" in Barbados. I am looking for a good beach location with activities close by. Also, some place that is clean and has a nice pool.

Thanks
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 01:48 PM

When you say "good value" do you mean inexpensive and yet clean? If you go to the tourism board's website you can search by dollars too. Also, there is a "Best of Barbdos" package currently available for many properties that includes discounted airfare -- really a good buy. The tourism's site is:
www.barbados.org

Sandy Beach Island Resort is good and on an excellent South Coast beach that has calm waters. Also good there is Yellow Bird. Others nearby would be Causaurina. If you give me a better idea of what you are looking for, I'd be glad to help. We've been 16 times and I'm very familiar with the island.

Regards,

Lois
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Original Poster

By good value I mean a place that not too fancy, around $150 night, and that has a nice pool, beach location, and close to restaurants and activities. I was looking at The Savannah, Barbados Beach Club, Casurina, or any other suggestions you may have.

Thanks
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 03:01 PM

Of those three choices I would recommed Casuarina;rooms are equipped with kitchen/kitchenette so you can prepare some meals and save some $$ if you like. The grounds are great, the beach is nice and you are walking distance to St.Lawrence Gap where all the action is.
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 04:51 AM

I agree - Causaurina would be a good choice. Savannah is close to Bridgetown and the beach is small and rocky.

You might want to check out Bougainvillea Beach -- the water sometimes is a little rough (not too bad), but pretty beach & accommodations are gorgeous. I think they fit in your price range.

Sandy Beach Island Resort right near St. Lawrence Gap is good choice too -- fantastic beach (very calm) & reasonably priced rooms. The newer Coral Sands Beach Resort same beach, might cost more. They have a site you can check: www.coralsandsresort.com

Old Apr 15th, 2003, 06:39 AM

You might want to consider Discovery Bay on the west coast. I've not stayed there, but I've stayed at its sister hotel on Antigua (Hawksbill). The beaches on the west coast are lovelier and calmer than on the south or southeast coasts. You're not far from other hotels and restaurants on the west coast, and it looks like you could get a room for $150/night double occupancy. It has a pool, too. Try checking with Disvocery Bay directly to see if they can give you a better rate--maybe a room upgrade or free breakfast.
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 06:43 AM

Just got back from 8 days in Barbados. Stayed at Coral Sands which I highly recommend. It is small--32 studio suites with kitchens. Beach is very nice--not lots of people and not touristy. Nicer place than Sandy Beach Island Resort. About a 5 min walk to two grocery stores and a 10 min walk to St Lawrence Gap where there is lots of action and excellent restaurants. Off season rates (15 April-15 Dec) are $140/night plus tax which is a great deal for what you get. If you e-mail me I will send you a copy of my trip report. [email protected]