Search

Advice on location

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 03:52 PM
Raechel

Advice on location

We are going for a week for our first vacation to the Carribean with two teenagers. We have narrowed a search to two places on smb (Indies and Tarquyn) and two on the quieter side (Morritts and the Reef). Is the beach the same on either side of the island? Is the SMB side really commercial? We want some good relaxation time. Any advice is welcome. Thanks so much.

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 08:21 PM
xxx

Not that I'm going to be able to help you on this one, but PLEASE POST WHAT ISLAND YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT....

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 08:58 PM
xxx

I knew where you meant. While I don't know about the particular places you mentioned, 7mb is not too commercial-you would enjoy staying there because the beach is so pretty and the snorkeling is good, it's also closer to town and restaurants, etc.

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 06:38 AM
Lola

Are you talking about the Cayman Islands?

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 12:47 PM
Raechel

Grand Cayman Island

Old Jan 29th, 2003, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raechel, Hope I can be of some help. I've been to the Caymans 4 times and each time I've stayed at the quieter end of 7mb. Actually, at the Christopher Columbus. I love it. Tarquyn is up that way, the beach is beautiful and the snorkelling is excellent. I know that Indies Suites is across the road from the beach, but you do have access to that beach. 7mb beach is really commercial in some spots but not the northern end, which is where we stay. I can't help you with the other 2 resorts you've mentioned. Hope this helps.