Best Diving and Romantic and Isolated

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 10:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking to take a vacation in late May/early June. I'm looking for an island that has good diving, is quiet, private and romantic. I'm not interested in a night life. Mostly interested in diving, snorkeling, hanging out on the beach and eating good food. I've already been to St. Lucia which I loved, but am looking for someplace different. Any suggestions on island or resort. My maximum budget is $5,000 - $6,000 which includes everything!
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 12:31 PM

I've heard that Bonaire has the best diving. Second to that in the Caribbean would probably Grand Cayman or its sister islands.
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 01:34 PM

I think you might find my place (The Reef in Grand Cayman) ideal :
- World class diving from Ocean Frontiers
- Great snorkelling right off the beach
- All beachfront suites
- Several high quality oceanfront restaurants (we offer a dineraound package too).

Anyway, take a look at www.thereef.com.ky
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 03:36 PM

Promethia,
I also recommend Grand Cayman, the "Rum Point" area. The "Retreat" condos might be just what your looking for! Check out www.caymanvacations.com and look at the "Retreat". Beautiful condos in a secluded area, great snorkeling and diving, with a dive shop right next door. Grand Cayman isn't a lush island like St. Lucia, but the diving is among the best. It's also an island with excellent restaurants!
Sandy
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 04:58 PM

We came back from Grand Cayman a few weeks ago and the island has everything you're looking for.
Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 07:54 AM

Definitely look into the island of Dominica. It's one of the 10 best diving spots, very "wild", untouristy, inexpensive and beautiful. My fiance and I spent 10 days there over Christmas/New Year's and spent under $3,000 for everything. We are in the process of putting together a travelogue, which you can feel free to check out at http://www.ronrothman.com/public/dominica_2003.shtml (disclaimer - we don't have any diving-specific info and it's a work in progress) Good luck with your trip plans!
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 06:34 AM

IMO Little Cayman Beach Resort, on Little Cayman would suit your needs. They have all-inclusive pricing and one of the best dive staff I've encountered. Considered to be some of the best wall diving in the caribbean, you can also take a quick boat ride to Cayman Brac where you can dive the Russian Destroyer wreck!

check it out @ www.littlecayman.com