Reload this Page >

Good restaurants, sights etc

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:04 PM
Elin

We are going 3 weeks to Curacao in end september. Can anyone recommend good sights, good restaurants etc. Any information will be highly appreciated.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:35 PM
lucy

Where are you staying? Right near the Marriott and Sheraton is a little beach restaurant we loved called Hook's Hut. Very reasonably priced and you can eat right out on the sand. We also liked Portofino and the Emerald Grill at the Marriott (where we stayed), as well as the Sea Breeze Beach Bar at the Marriott. We also liked Blues Restaurant at the Avila. Check out www.k-pasa.com for lots of info on Curacao. You can pick up a paper copy of this publication at the airport or your hotel. It lists all of the happy hours, musical and sporting events, etc... all over the island. Happy Hour is a really big thing on the island and virtually every place offers drink and/or food specials. The only restaurant I did not care for was the Fort Nassau restaurant. The view was beautiful but the food was just okay and the service was poor. It was also our priciest meal and definitely not worth it.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 04:11 PM
Elin

Thanks Lucy!<BR>We are staying private for three weeks. Probably we`ll make a lot of our meals in the house, but good advice on restaurants is always good to have.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 06:19 AM
lucy

I'm so jealous! : ) We also took some excursions like a sunset cruse on the Insulinde, and tours of the Hato Caves, Landhuis Brievengat, and the Curacao distillery. Landhuis Brievengat also has live bands and music usually on Fridays, Sundays and Wednesdays. Very fun.

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 05:09 PM
Trish

Elin, <BR>Wish I was going with you! I promise you will enjoy it! Lucy did good on her list for you. I would also include Le Bistro Clochard if you want to sample some very tempting cuisine. And, visit the seaquarium, the Amstel Brewery, and make sure you see the Queen Emma Pontoon Bridge.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 02:20 PM
Elin

Thank you, Trish!!