Search

Cerromar status

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 07:55 AM
scott

Cerromar status

Anyone been to the Cerromar lately. I was there about nine years ago but thought it was close to needing a make-over. At the time I thought it was wonderful. I am considering going back. Your comments are appreciated<BR>

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:19 PM
Reb

Stayed at the Cerromar in July, and in my opinion it rated a 6 out of 10. We switched from The Dorado (the sister hotel two miles away) to the Cerromar because the Dorado is a total dump (maybe a 3 out of 10), so we were glad that the Cerromar was somewhat clean, modern, and had a decent beach. It has definitely had a make-over since you were there. The river pool is great for kids, but because of that it's kind of noisy. Golf at both hotels is good, and you get privileges to all four courses between the two properties. If I had it to do over again, I'd stay at a nicer hotel near the airport. <BR><BR>Whatever you do, do NOT go to the Dorado, no matter how nice people say it is. We were duped and that's the last time my husband gets to choose the destination. <BR>

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 04:19 PM
EJC

I stayed at EMBASSY SUITES,Dorado in Feb 2002. But, I did spend a day at Cerromar Dorado. I thought the place was FANTASTIC. It is definitley a place for families.(kids) You won't be disappointed by going there. We also checked out the sister property;;Hyatt Dorado. To me, there were too many "STUFFED SHIRTS". We went there to see a timeshare. ( not to say timeshares are bad,because we have one).But people looked at us like we were from another planet. We couldn't even get a HELLO out of anyone. All that said; the couple of 1 bedroom timeshares we saw, were beautiful, but I would never stay there, simply because of the STOBBS. CERROMAR was BIG FUN.<BR> !!!! A bunch of regular people having a great VACATION

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 04:44 AM
curious

I'm curious, I just got a mainling for an offer for 3 nights $149 or 4 for $199 at the Hyatt Timeshare, which seems like a great price, but of course we have to listen to a 90 minute TS pitch. I don't know if my husband will go for it-but, are the Timeshare's there nice? We would never buy one, just wondering if it's worth sitting through the sales pitch to stay there for that price.

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 08:07 AM
eileen

Anxious to hear why Hyatt Dorado is a dump? We were there in 99 and liked the entire Dorado/Cerramar resort so much we bought a timeshare -- going to use it for the first time in a few weeks. The timeshare is part of Cerramar, great for families. However, we loved Dorado when we stayed there and they were just finishing a major renovation. Our beachfront upper room was great -- beautiful view. It was one of our favorite places of everywhere we have stayed. I just can't imagine it being a dump! Input please! (I have heard that the golfview rooms are in need of a makeover, maybe that is the problem?)

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 10:50 AM
x

The time shares at t6he CErromar are quite nice. For $50 a night I would sit for the 90 minute pitch. I did and I survived. When I did it two years ago I was given a $75 credit for a meal at one of the restaurants at the hotel.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 08:17 AM
Rob

I to am going to the cerromar and was wondering if I am better off staying at the time share (1 bedroom) or the hotel itself. I have 2 kids and was concerned if the time share was far away from the pool action as my children are 6 and 9. Any comments would be appreciated. Tks

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 10:15 AM
eileen

Go for the timeshare if you have the opportunity. The timeshare building is right next to the Cerramar and the pool is so large the two buildings share it. We are going with our two children, ages 5 and 10, next month and we specifically purchased the timeshare because it is such a great set-up for families. For more photos of Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar, go to www.thompsonfamilyweb.com