Search

avila hotel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 09:13 AM
putch

avila hotel

has anyone been to curacao recently and stayed at the avila hotel? would you recommend the blues wings or the deluxe at the la belle aviance (sp?)./

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 04:33 PM
putch

it is called la belle alliance.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 12:16 AM
Sally

It's been quite some time since I stayed at the Avila Beach Hotel, about 7 years ago or more. Anyway, as far as I recall the hotel is divided into 3 parts: the main building which is the oldest, with the cheapest, most basic rooms; a newer, luxury wing; and some apartments with their own little beach, also new (at the time), and very comfortable and luxurious - this was where we stayed. I would recommend a deluxe room, anyway (I don't recall a 'Blues Wing', maybe someone else can help you here).

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 05:46 AM
zen

we stayed at the avila hotel mid-january of 2000 and enjoyed it very much. we took a suite in the la belle alliance wing, which was quite comfortable and practical, with a view of the sea. the grounds are compact, couple of small beaches, couple of restaurants, and so on, everything well-maintained. the hotel is close enought to the center of willemsatd so that you can walk into town and sightsee. bear in mind, that the surrounding area is a bit rundown, but you get used to it, and after a while, you'll find it oddly charming. we highly recommend the avila.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 12:19 PM
putch

we will be staying at the blues wing. it was only slightly more expensive and it sounded nice and right on the water.<BR>is there good snorkeling from shore near the hotel? any helpful hints you could give me would be appreciated, i.e. great places to eat, great beaches, etc. thanks.