Rasa Ria or Nexus in Sabah

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2003, 05:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are hoping to travel to Sabah in April 2004 and are trying to decide between the Nexus and Rasa Ria. We want a nice beach to walk along, nice views, good food nearby as hotel eating is too expensive. Both appear to have golf courses and nature reserves which is great - but WHICH one?
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 11:58 PM

Rasa Ria is a nice typical Shangri-La hotel beside a nature reserve. No eating places around. Reviews on "asia-travel.com" Havent heard of Nexus.
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 05:07 PM
Original Poster

Hi linwein, the Nexus is listed as being at Karambunai. It is in the current Malaysia Airlines travel book for Malaysia. Thanks for your info.
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 10:10 AM

I stayed at Rasa Ria a few years ago and it was very nice although some issues - the horse I was given to ride was just a head case and dividing walls between room are pretty thin, but very pretty place and beach on the eastern side of the hotel over the hill looked fantastic - totally deserted but only saw it from top of hill on last day.Food was good.
Nexus is closer to town and was just complete when we were there. With all the building stuff around the area we were glad we did not go there, but more settled now so could not say.
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 12:18 PM

Hi,
Have you looked at the tanjung aru ,the shangri -la hotel at kk.We chose this hotel over the two you are thinking of going to,i read alot of good reports on it.It has a small beach at the hotel,but there are boats you can easily get out to the islands,also there will be lot's of places to eat fairly near.The shangri -la hotel does have a bus that will take you to the rasa ria from the tanjung aru,if you want to visit for the day.
sue
Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 02:19 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. Does the Tanjung Aru have a nice long beach that you can walk along? Did you swin in the ocean? We are also thinking of going out to the Gayana Eco Resort for a couple of days, is it worth it or just do some boat trips out there? Thanks again.
Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 04:42 AM

Tanjung does not have a beach - but the boat goes from there to the nearby island. when I was there the Tanjung was much busier round the pool than Rasa Ria which also has the beach (although with currents you are not recommended to swim from there). Islands near tanjung are nice for swimming although the reef near the shore on the largest island is pretty dead with too much walking on it, so you have to swim further out. I suggest if you want relaxing, go to Rasa Ria, maybe first day at Tanjung and see islands from there. Also check out KK a little that day - not a hell of a lot to see though.