Bucuti Tara Wing

Jan 26th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Original Poster

Bucuti Tara Wing

I've read mixed reviews here regarding Bucuti in Aruba. The location looks nice as far as the beach and the new Tara Wing suites look great. Has anyone stayed in one? Has this addition brought any improvement to the mixed reviews I've read on the site as to the pool and food?

I'm looking for a honeymoon location and don't want to be disappointed.
Jan 26th, 2005, 10:43 AM

Bucuti is not a luxury resort. If you want that than look into the Hyatt or Raddison. They are more luxurious. Bucuti is on a quieter beach and is more of a small intimate resort. I have not seen this resort, but I have seen the Hyatt and it is very nice. Go to aruba-bb.com. Lots of people on that bulletin board love Bucuti and have stayed there. I personally like a resort with the amenities. But I am a little (just a little) older than you.
Jan 26th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your input. I like amenities too and that new wing looks up to par with the type of accomodations I'd like. My concern with the Hyatt is that it would be to family oriented and high rise compared to a more quaint or boutique hotel. I'd also like a nice spa facility : )
Jan 26th, 2005, 11:11 AM

We stayed at Bucuti four times or so, the first few times quite long ago (early nineties), and then twice in a row in 2002 and 2003. Bucuti is not a luxury hotel, but it is very comfortable and friendly. The hotel is on a huge beach which affords lots of privacy. The pool is nothing special but it's fine; and anyway, who really needs a pool with that beach? The hotel has a 'children discouraged' policy - nevertheless, there were a few families staying there both times we were there, but the children were very quiet and were hardly noticed or seen.
The last time we stayed there the Tara wing was not yet ready, so I can't tell you what the suites look like on the inside. I do know that this building is right on the beach - the rooms at the back face Bucuti's garden which is also very nice. Hope this helps!
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:27 PM

Try putting bucuti in the search box for this furum.....I just wrote a bunch on it....