Bonaire: Hotel with best snorkeling beach AND dive facilities

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! I'm an avid diver who has successfully talked my non-diving partner and our non-diving best friend-couple into a trip to Bonaire. I need to make sure that we stay in a hotel which will make them all not hate me by being a wonderful place for SNORKELERS too, which they all enthusiastically love. So I'm looking for a Bonaire hotel which has the best balance of A) top-notch snorkeling at the hotel's house beach, B) a NICE white sandy house beach for lazing around and sunbathing on, and C) access to good dive facilities with the opportunity to hook up with some buddies, too.
NOTE that we CERTAINLY don't require the all-inclusive experience. A pretty basic hotel is great, as long as it's on the water, and the rooms have fridges. That's pretty much our only requirements. If the hotel HAPPENS to be nice, we'll consider that, too!
Thanks for your suggestions!
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harbour Village Beach Club meets all of your requirements. My husband and I spent a week there last year in one of their one-bedroom beachfront suites, and we are snorkelers, not divers. We did go out with their dive boat--they took us to locations suitable for both snorkelers and divers. The snorkeling from the beach was good, although not great. There are also several restaurants within walking distance, along with the resort's own beachfront restaurant. I've read many comments that this resort has the island's best resort beach, and we certainly spent a lot of time on it. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.