Atlantis watersports & beach ?s

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 09:24 AM
Jean

Atlantis watersports & beach ?s

1. Does Atlantis provide beach towels for guests to use or do I need to bring my own?

2. Typically, how much does watersports equipment cost to rent and for how long? Looking at snorkel equipment and water-trikes, for example.

Thanks!!

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:57 PM
Gail

Atlantis supplies beach towels for guests.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 07:13 PM
John

Jean:

Bring your own snorkel equip if possible, you can rent there, but bring your own. You can rent kayaks, and other water sport stuff at Atlantis, and use it in their lagoon.

Towels are provided at the pools, just need to show you Atlantis ID you get when you check in.

If you would like to see my trip report, please e-mail me and I'll send it along...

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 08:21 AM
Glen

Jean,

I bring my own snorkeling equipment. If you go on one the snorkeling boats, they provide the equipment. In general, snorkeling does not seem to be anything to get terribly excited about in this area. If you walk down the Atlantis beach to the end of the island there is a small ledge where you can find some marine life, but in general what little coral is there is not very healthy. An alternative is to go to the Exumas (try Powerboat Adventures--it's a blast)where the snorkeling is better, but still not fantastic.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 11:12 AM
Rachel

The beach is a short walk from the resort and you will find all the water rentals as soon as step on the sand. They are rented from the islanders, not the resort and are priced ok. Sometimes if a few of you are participating you can bargain a price before you rent. we had 4 of us go parasailing and we set a reasonable price. They accepted!
As for Atlantis, it is over priced, but so fun. It's a wonderful experience!