Best Island Diving/Snorkeling

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21st, 2007, 09:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Part of my message was lost from last post. I am looking for the best Caribbean Island to go Diving/Snorkeling right off the beach. We will be traveling in Feb. 2008 and want to stay at an all inclusive resort. Thanks.
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 10:20 AM

Without question the best island for "off-beach" snorkeling/diving is Bonaire. Not sure if you'll find any AI's there, however.

You'll find excellent diving (not necessiarilly "off-beach&quot and excellent "off-beach" and "off-shore" snorkeling thoughout the the USVI's and BVI's.

Old Jul 21st, 2007, 12:30 PM

turks & caicos - provo - has some pretty good beach snorkeling and outstanding diving. there is a beaches and a club med for ai's and loads of great resorts right on the beach and many excellent restaurants.
grand cayman also has great beach snorkeling and good diving. the spanish bay reef resort is ai but i know nothing about it. again loads of places to stay.
or the maya riviera coast of mexico. Tons of ai's. a few of those have snorkeling off their own beach. the only specific one i know of with beach snorkeling at the club is akumal beach resort. there are others. lots of beach snorkel available plus xel-ha, x-caret and yal-ku lagoon in akumal.
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 01:55 PM

Its not even an issue -- BONAIRE has, by far, the very best off-beach snorkeling and diving. Don't know about AIs, but Captain Don's is a great place to stay.

I snorkeled in a school of hundreds of squid right off the beach, plus dozens of other incredible fish.
Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 09:22 AM

Roatan, Honduras is excellent for off beach snorkeling and diving, and there is an up-scale all inclusive diving resort there: Anthony's Key Resort www.anthonyskey.com. They even have dolphin dives.

Also, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands, has excellent off beach snorkeling, and I think they have all inclusive diving resorts, but not sure of that. Go with whatever dive master Philippe (FiFi) Kunz recommends. His outfit is exceptional. www.tcidiving.com
Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 11:07 AM

Anthony's Key resort in Roatan has an excellent snorleling package. A bit pricey however. Try and find a diving group who is going and maybe you get a better rate.

BTW--makesure you out on bug repleeant even if you dont see bites. It took them a week to develop on me and then I was covered.