Notices

best bahamas spot in Dec

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 03:51 PM
suzy

best bahamas spot in Dec

my finance and have 2nights/3 days to go to the bahamas - i don't really like the tourist places - can someone suggest the best island/hotels etcc to go to - not worried about getting a package deal or anything - just want something relaxing and pretty

thanks

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 08:36 PM
GM

To stay away from the real touristy Bahamas, can consider the Green Turtle Club, Abaco Island.

It's a quiet, romantic getaway. You fly into Treasure Cay, take a cab to the ferry dock, then the ferry over to Abaco.

Hope that helps.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 06:46 AM
tweedy

With that short a time frame, I would do one island, and either Nassau or Freeport would fit the bill.

That way you are not doing alot of travel. Depending on where you are flying from, you can leave early am and be on the beach by noon.

If staying on Nassau, I would choose Compas Point which is a bit of a drive to downtown, and will feel a world away. The resort is beautiful, and the accomodations are bungalows right on the water. One of the best restaurants on island is located there as well, so you won't have to travel for great food.

The beach is lovely and the water may be swimable, but a bit chilly. Really warm (bath water temp) is in the late Spring through the Fall.

Have a great time and enjoy the Bahamas.

For more info you might also try the www.where2stay.com site and "kalik" on the Bahamas scroll down to Nassau (New Providence Island) or Freeport (Grand Bahama Island).

tweedy

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 07:57 AM
suzy

would you do nassau or freeport - can't decide

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 09:35 AM
xxx

I would also do Green Turtle but seeing that your stay is so short, I agree with Compass Point.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 12:45 PM
Tabatha

I would go with Nassau. The island is small and it is somewhat touristy downtown, but not around the rest of the island. The food is great, the people are very friendly, the island is gorgeous, its a different world down there, no one is in any hurry to do anything! Just sit back and relax!
If you dont want busy, just stay away from atlantis on paradise island. I spent 2 weeks (wedding & honeymoon) at the Radisson on Cable Beach (best beach on the island) and it was amazing!

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:04 AM
Catherine

Hopetown Harbour Lodge in Hopetown, Abaco Islands. No highrises, not much nightlife, just a beautiful little unspoiled town with a beautiful beach, and NO panhandlers! You will love walking around the narrow cobblestone streets with pastel-painted cottages.

The con - Bahamians can have a bad attitude towards tourists (been there many time with my family). I find Jamaica much friendlier, but not as pretty.

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 12:49 PM
friendly island

If your looking for a friendl, picturesque island and very stunning beaches, look into St. John. We have been to Harbour Island in the Bahamas and the beaches or town can not compare.

It's sort of like comparing: hamburger to filet mignon. I'm sure I'll hear a lot from this post. You just can't compare the Bahams to islands such as St John, USVI or even St. Barts or Bermuda. I would rethink you decision.

Been there done that.