Search

Bahamas Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 07:43 AM
Kayla

Bahamas Resorts

I am choosing the Bahamas for my vacation because the airplane trip is the shortest!!<BR>So many of the resorts look like skyscrapers on a narrow beach with a few scattered palms. I want more lushness. I crave palm tree shade! Cool grasses. Any recommendations please?<BR>Thank you.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 08:09 AM
dtour

You must mean Nassua or Paradise Island.Try one of the out islands or Turks and Caicos.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 09:28 AM
Ian

If you want lush, classic tropical island look, the Bahamas aren't your best bet.<BR>If your budget is unlimited, Ocean Club on Paradise Island has expansive lawns, lots of mature palms throughout the property, dense vegetation around the walkways and perimeter and a great beach. But it's very expensive.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 10:13 AM
scubagirl

Club Med on Paradise Island will suit your needs, the grounds are gorgeous, the beach is the best. <BR>Rooms are ordinary, but the food/beach/grounds and activities makes up for it.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 10:59 AM
tweedy

Kayla,<BR><BR>You might consider Romora Bay on Harbour Island. It is just what you are looking for. Small and intimate resort right on the water, nice pool, lush gounds, great food and LOTS of palm trees all around.<BR><BR>I think they are still offering some special deals for the summer, like stay 3 nights and get one free or something like that.<BR><BR>Try www.where2stay.com for more info on resorts all over the Bahamas and the website for Romora is www.romorabay.com<BR><BR>Harbour Island has a few smallish resorts on the beach and it is easier to get to now. You can fly into Nassau and take the ferry over to Eleuthera and Harbour Island or you can fly on Bahamas Air.<BR><BR>Hope this helps and have a great time.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 10:53 AM
rich

Try Compass Point on New Providence. Only 10 minutes from airport. Grounds very private and lush. Small beach very relaxing, great food.