Pink Sands or New Four Seasons?

Old Oct 7th, 2003, 04:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pink Sands or New Four Seasons?

Hello all,
After hours of online research my fiance and I are still undecided as to where in the Bahamas we should spend our honeymoon. We are getting married this May on Grand Bahama Island at Old Bahama Bay and wanted to experiece an out island for the honeymoon.
We would like a balance of outdoor activity, i.e. snorkling and watersports and a degree of pampering i.e. an upscale place to stay.

Also looked into a resort called Tiamo, anyone been there?

All suggestions welcome! Help us find the perfect honeymoon!
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 07:25 PM

I think I would choose Pink Sands over Exuma. Pink Sands is a smaller resort with lush beautifully kept grounds. There are several good restaurants on island, so you won't have a problem finding excellent meals. I think Pink Sands also offers dine around plans so you can eat at Runaway, or Romora Bay or one of the other resorts on island.

Getting there you will have to fly to Nassau and either take Bahamas Air or the Fast Ferry over, depending on what time you arrive on Nassau.

Harbour Island has 2 dive operations as well as lots of snorkle trips and you can even have a private picnic, just the two of you on a deserted beach for a day.

Have a great time and if you have any other questions, ask away.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 05:45 AM

I agree: My stay at Pink Sands was excellent. Harbour Island is like a little paradise. The resort will not disappoint. Enjoy!
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 05:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. Has anyone visited other out islands? Any stand out resorts or things to do?

Old Oct 9th, 2003, 12:29 PM

Most of the other out islands are even more laid back with less "things" to do other than relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.

If you are looking for things to do, you might want to look into Compas Point on Nassau, more things to do there, several dive operations, nite cruises, snorkle trips, shopping, nite life.

IF you are looking for laid back beautiful surroundings with a bit of nite life and a tiny bit of shopping, and several good restaurants, then Harbour Island would probably be the best choice.

Have a wonderful time.
Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 11:49 AM

I guess you are still in the decision making phase of honeymoon planning? If so, my vote is totally for Tiamo. My husband and I spent 4 nites there in early April of 2003 and it was wonderful...snorkeling, short hikes, kayaking, boating so it was very active but yet felt incredibly pampered by excellent meals and service. You must be a little adventurous to enjoy Tiamo but it would be a memorable and special honeymoon destination.
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 11:16 AM

Leahinsc: Would love to hear your complete trip report on Tiamo. My husband and I are planning to go next summer but know next to nothing about it. If you have time, email me at [email protected]. Thank you!!