Search

Air transfer - Montego to Ocho Rios

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2004, 08:21 AM
cat
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air transfer - Montego to Ocho Rios

Hi everyone. We are planning to spend 8 days in Jamaica in June, 3 days with friends at a private villa near Ocho Rios and 5 at Sans Souci. My question is regarding getting back and forth from the airport in Montego Bay to Ocho Rios. I have heard that the drive is a 2 hour nightmare which we would rather avoid. I am a nervous flier and usually refuse to travel on small planes, but, I am willing to consider an exception in this case. SO, I am looking for any info. regarding Tim Air which is a local carrier reccommended to us and any other tips, stories, experiences that any of you may have with regard to such a flight. I'm trying to make this decision and, hopefully, calm my nerves. Any info. is most appreciated. Thanks.
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 08:56 AM

I haven't done the air transfer but never found the drive to be that bad. We're going in May and have opted again to have a driver meet us at the airport. To San Souci it's probably an hour and a half unless you're taking a shuttle that makes multiple stops.
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 10:46 AM

Have taken several air transfers between MoBay and Sans Souci(Boscobel Beach) and even Negril and Sans Souci, all flights were great and well worth doing, in spite of a little movement because of rain clouds. Nothing frightening. Most flights were on 4 or 5 seater planes albeit the last was on a 25 seater. No in flight entertainment but the views were great.
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 10:14 AM
cat
Original Poster

tttt
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 10:17 AM

There is also a carrier called International Air Link. www.intlairlink.com

We have flown with them and had greazt flights.
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 07:17 AM

The drive is actually pretty nice and scenic. The times we have done it the driver stopts at a great little jerk BBQ jiont about half way there.
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 01:08 PM

My wife and I have made the trip a couple times on International Air Link and it was great. On the other hand, the drive is not that bad and if you've not been to Jamaica, it's a good way to see some of the country.
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:40 PM

I am having the same problem with tranfers. Jamacia Express doesn't mesh with arrival and departure times. Does International air link have a web site or toll free #. Tim Air (Charter) is too expensive
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 11:36 PM

http://www.intlairlink.com/

Toll free: 1-866-952-5807
Old Apr 4th, 2004, 07:16 AM

Thanks--Missed you post above. Looks like it will work. Really appreciate the help
Old Apr 4th, 2004, 08:10 AM

Glad to finally help someone. International air worked well for us. Smooth and competent. AT one point, they must have had a contract with Couples resorts. That is how we first flew with them for our free air transfer from Montego to Negril as repeat customers.

In fact, we have never been to Jamiaca and seen anything but an empty Tim Air desk....still don't know if they really exist. The "other" carrier has always been 100% satisfactory with us.

Sounds like you have a fantastic trip planned!
Old Apr 6th, 2004, 12:01 PM
cat
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you for your input and suggestions. Atticus, I will definitely look into International Air. Also, looks like we may now be staying at Swept Away in Negril for the second leg of our trip instead of Sans Souci. So, we may actually have three air transfers MoBay to Ochi, Ochi to Negril and Negril to MoBay. Wish me luck! I'll need it.