Has Anyone Flown on Air Jamaica recently?

Old Apr 4th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Original Poster

Has Anyone Flown on Air Jamaica recently?

I plan to purchase a ticket on Air Jamaica from BWI to MBJ and wanted to know if anyone has flown them recently? I know they were struggling when the government took it over and they had lots of canceled and delayed flights. My husband does not want to fly them unless they had "cleaned up their act" but they are the only non-stop in/out of BWI and their prices are good.

Thanks for your help

Old Apr 4th, 2007, 08:44 AM

I am sorry that I can't help you out with Air Jamaica, but if you don't mind driving an extra half hour or so, you should look at flying out of DC. Alot of non-stop or direct flights to MBJ, and from what I have seen, it appears that they are cheaper than AJ our of BWI. I know because I am doing daily searches for a flight for this summer. Good luck.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 12:43 PM

We flew air jamaica this past feb.nonstop jfk to grenada.Great service,friendly crew,and both flights were on time.Only two experiances with them and both times were good.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 01:39 PM

We just returned from a trip to Jamaica last week and used Air Jamaica to MBJ from BWI. It was a great flight, on time, efficient. We had no problems and would fly them again in a second. It's a great time schedule to/from BWI/MBJ too. Have fun
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Original Poster

Thanks that's good news that you had a great flight,
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 05:18 AM

I've flown AJ 4 times since the first of the year and many many times in the last few. I've really not noticed any difference in them with the exception of some delayed flights on the way home. (which I hate) Other than that they've done fine by me. Last week I flew on Spirit to Grand Cayman with a stop over in Ft. Lauderdale. It was a horrible experience in Ft. Lauderdale (especially on the return)which only served to remind me why we normally only fly non-stop whenever possible.