Reload this Page >

Toronto Restaurants - romantic ideas?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 07:23 AM
lynn

I would appreciate any restaurant recommendations - - not too expensive (less than CDN$60 pp for first course, entree and dessert, not incl. wine) but very romantic. We love everything from sushi to vietnamese to French to Ethiopian. Would specifically like a suggestion for an authentic French bistro, also Chinese and Indian. Thank you very much!

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 06:11 PM
tutu

If you're staying downtown - good Indian at Babur on Queen, Kami on King, Xacutti for Indian fusion; Chinese try King's Garden on King - would not consider any of these terribly romantic restaurants but well within your budget. Enjoy our city.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 09:15 AM
Barb

Hi Lynn,<BR>Not sure what part of the city you are wanting to visit but there is a fabulous French bistro "Quartier" in the Yonge/Eglinton area - it's a gem and well within your budget. Enjoy T.O!

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 09:19 AM
JX

<BR>Was just visiting Toronto this past weekend (my hometown) and had a lovely dinner at Bar Mercurio on Bloor St. West at Bedford, I believe (very near to Yorkville area) (address 270 Bloor St. West).<BR><BR>This is italian (obviously), but very french bistro in feel and appearance, which is my favorite type of place. Very small, very special. Softly lit romantic room, crisp white table cloths, a dark bar filled to the ceiling, a fabulous menu and exceptional service. I can't rave enough about this place.<BR><BR>My husband was knocked out by his pasta with a duck ragout and I had an arugula gnocchi with gorgonzola sauce that couldn't have been better. A friend joined us for dinner and had a terrific filet. Dinner for three, with a bottle of wine, one appetizer, two desserts and tax and tip was $200 Canadian. This was our second visit and we know that we'll go there *every time* we go back to Toronto. <BR><BR>If either of you are smokers, there is *one* smoking table (the only one I know of in Toronto) and it is by the bar next to the window. A *great* table.<BR><BR>BTW, they are also open for coffee and pastry in the mornings, and have wondeful italian sandwiches and antipasti at lunch. The atmosphere feels a little lighter in the daytime. <BR><BR>If this sounds like it's for you, you might want to give them a call at 416-960-3877 to reserve a table. And I always suggest to people that they pop in to any restaurant they haven't visited before -- maybe stop in the previous evening -- to take a look at the menu and the room to see if this is to their liking. Good luck and I hope you have a lovely time wherever you decide to go.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 03:13 AM
kate

Kalendar on College St West<BR><BR>Mata Hari Grill on Baldwin St for Malaysian food<BR><BR>