Reload this Page >

Toronto restaurant help

Search

Toronto restaurant help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 05:26 PM
Jane

Toronto restaurant help

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a restaurant close to the Royale Alexandra Theatre? We will be there in August, only for one night...where should we dine before the show?? we like ALL kinds of food!

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 07:44 PM
synet

Was there last spring, ate at the Kit Kat Club, go to zagat.com and go to the toronto pages you will find a great many restaurants, also ate at avalon, loved it. Toronto is wonderful, do you have theatre tickets? If not just go to a great restaurant, make a reservation now ,you can always cancel. Have fun

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 08:12 AM
tutu

Try King's Garden at 214 King St. (Chinese), Dhaba and Kama (Indian). I've eaten at both King's Garden and Kama and can highly recommend. Yet to try Dhaba but critics have given it very good reviews. Bon Appetite!

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 08:57 AM
Hope

If you are looking for fine dining, try CANOE (Canadian with a fine touch, try the salmon) on the top floor of either the TD Tower or another bank tower (sorry, I forget). Another great fine dining restaurant is BIAGGIO's on King St. It is in a historical building and has one countless awards from Canadian institutions, as well as Italian institutions, alike. Try and find their names online (www.yellowpages.ca) and give them a call to make a reservation. I believe both also have their own website and you may read up a little further on them. Another suggestion would to find the Toronto Life Magazine online and find out which advice they have to offer about where to eat - they are a very reliable source of advice. Have fun!

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 08:58 AM
Hope

One more restaurant to add, though not really in the vicinity, but rather a personal favourite (the food is excellcent) is Mildred Pearce.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 10:36 AM
Gayle

Avalon is the best! Continental cuisine. Great rack of lamb. Incredible wine list. Beautiful artisan cheese menu. Luscious deserts...warm chocoltae cake as well as others more inventive. It's at the corner of Adelaide and John Streets and is walkable to the theatre.<BR><BR>For Northern Italian and really fresh fish La Fenice on King Street, 2 blocks west of the theatre. Very contemporary atmoshpere, but warm. Delicious inslata caprese, carpaccio and a warm mixed mushroom appetizer. Very good pasta but wonderful fresh fish.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 07:48 PM
Nicole

I would have to agree that Kama is very good! It's an Indian buffet--when I was there is was about 20 dollars for dinner. You can also order from the menu--but the buffet has plenty of selection and is quite good. <BR><BR>This one is not exactly near the theatre, but it's not that far. It's Marche--I believe the address is 42 Yonge St. It's a la carte. It's very nice with tons of selection and good food. It might be a nice place for dessert after the show as they are open late.