Restaurants in Toronto

Jan 30th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Original Poster

Restaurants in Toronto

We are going to Toronto for a long week-end in March. We will be staying at the Royal York. We are looking for good restaurants to go to in the area.
Jan 30th, 2004, 06:55 PM

Hi there.

Check out the "Romantic in Toronto" thread on this board. As I recall, this person was also staying at the Royal York and there were some suggestions as to dining.

Further - we need to know what kinds of food you like, your budget, etc. to be able to really help you.

Jan 31st, 2004, 01:29 PM

For a special meal, head to the restraunt at the top of the CN tower. The food is fantastic, and there is something for most people. It's a little more pricey than some other places but you get what you pay for. If you go when it's dark, the views over the city are pretty spectacular, and you can also go to the viewing platform when you go for your meal. The other thing about the restraunt that tops it all really, is that the restraunt revolves whilst you eat. Some may think that's tacky but I thought it was amazing. Bear in mind that you may need to book.
Jan 31st, 2004, 01:47 PM

Check out this site for restaurant help in Toronto. I have had some great meals based on their suggestions. http://www.chowhound.com/canada/boar...o/toronto.html
Feb 4th, 2004, 04:54 PM

Try a great small restaurant called Riverside Cafe. I know they have a website....www.riverside-cafe.ca. They have been getting alot of good press lately as well. They close for vacation somewhere around that time, so be sure to call.
We went there with some friends and had a wonderful time, great service!
Good luck.
Feb 5th, 2004, 04:28 AM

Thanks Cherylh. Riverside is right in my neighbourhood and I've passed it many times. Now I should stop in. Actually that area is getting more interesting all the time.