Delisle Restaurant Toronto

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 06:38 PM
Kristen

Delisle Restaurant Toronto

I saw this restaurant on Zagat.com while searching for a place to have fondue in Toronto: and comment to share on this establishment? It's located at 1560 Yonge St. Thanks!

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 08:08 PM
Cindy

I've eaten there a few times, but not recently. It's certainly been there a long time, which is an accomplishment in Toronto's competitive restaurant scene; however, I remember it as being OK, not exceptional.

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 08:15 PM
Kristen

Thanks Cindy, since we will only be in town a few days, we should probably skip it - sounds like Toronto has SO much to offer - we can't wait to get there! By the way, can you (or any one else) recommend a good (non tourist-y) Italian restaurant and a place we where can get fondue? Thanks!

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 08:27 PM
Brian Kilgore

Not touristy is a bit of a pporlem since Toronto has so many tourists.

I had lunch Wednesday with two others at Club Lucky -- KitKat Too in the middle of the entertainment district and my guests thought their lunch was great. The owner's a friend, and i sat with him and another man last night as they ate. Both had Italianesque chicken, and it certainly looked good.

Prego, just south of the Four Seasons Hotel and across from the Park Hyatt, has many fans and lots of regular Toronto well-off patrons.

Il Fornello is a small chain; several locations, mid-priced, mid-quality, mid-enjoyment index.

Centro, on Yonge north of Eglinton, prepared one of the best restaurant meals I've ever had, and has lots of Italian-related menu items. Expensive.

My current favorite, fairly non-touristy, is Oro, on Elm Street, near Bay, which has continental food that has some Italian touches to it. But it's no red checked tablecloth kind of a place. Again, expensive.

And, finally --- we've got a couple of hundred thousand pilgrims in town, and yesterday I was giving directions to Little Italy to a group from that country. Look for addresses on College Street of Italian sounding restaurants, and you may be in luck.

Can't help on fondue, but I have one idea and I may be able to check tomorrow.

BAK

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 05:24 AM
Cindy

I would definitely respect Brian's expertise on this subject! However, if I can chime in - La Fenice on King Street is a wonderful north-Italian restaurant, a bit pricier than Il Fornello but very, very good. I can't offer any fondue suggestions, unfortunately, but it sounds as if Brian is working on that one.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 03:45 AM
Kristen

What wonderful suggestions you have given me - THANK YOU! I'm making notes and really appreciate the time both of you - Cindy & Brian - have taken to respond to my inquiry. Any further comments/suggestions are welcomed!