Reload this Page >

Has anyone been to Mt Tremblant??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 05:25 AM
Jerry

Has anyone been to Mt. Tremblant? Can you recommend a place to stay in winter??

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 06:08 AM
jim-bob

I'm sure SOMEONE has been to Mt. Tremblant. There aren't very many places left on the planet that someone hasn't been to.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 07:00 AM
Molly

I was just there Labor Day weekend. We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites and it was great. We loved it. I don't believe there is a bad hotel in the bunch. I haven't been there in the winter yet.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 07:36 AM
Sherry

Jerry,<BR>I would suggest checking out the website www.tremblant.com.<BR>They do most of the resrvations for Tremblant. They handle most of the Intrawest properties. There are also smaller companies that handle reservations as well, which I am sure you could find websites for by doing a search.<BR><BR>The main thing about Tremblant is if you want ski in ski out, want to be in the thick of the action or just a few minutes away.<BR><BR>The base of the mountain, in the middle of the pedestrian village, houses most of the larger hotels, Westin, Fairmont etc., as well as lots of condo buildings. In any of these, you walk out the door and you are in the pedestrian village. Then you have mountain side, which is still very close, also has a shuttle down to the pedestrian village. A lot of condo complexes, going up the hill, the furthest is only 5 minutes away, they are all built into the mountainside. Then you have Tremblant village itself, which is the original town, about 5-10 minutes away. Restaurants, etc can be found in both areas. For grocery shopping I would recommend you stop in St Jovite on your way into Tremblant and stock up. Liquor store and such is right in the village. The pedestrian village has shops, restaurants, bars, etc. <BR>Almost all the properties mountainside or pedestrian village are decorated the same as per their individual complex. Most were mass done by the developer and sold as such. There is a minimum standard in order to be in their rental pool. <BR>So really, it is a matter of choice as to how close you want to be. And yes, most are good. Not really a "bad" place to stay in the group. Although some are newer, and nicer than others. Just ask how old the building is. I personally am not fond of some of the older ones, just feel very ski lodge style to me. We have stayed in all three "locations" and I really think it depends on what type of holiday you are looking for. Sometimes we just want to be away from the crowds at the end of the day and prefer mountainside or Les Manoirs, other times we want to be right in the middle of it all. But if you are a family or group, get a larger, newer condo and I think you will be happy. We used to go a lot as a couple and never stayed anywhere we didnt like. <BR>Hope this helps.<BR>

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 07:57 AM
Jerry

Thanks Guys for the help.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 08:38 AM
Kris

Did you do a search here for Tremblant? I contributed to a number of threads about it in the last few months. Happy to do so again, but would save a lot of typing.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 08:59 AM
Jerry

Thanks, I will try that...

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 11:27 AM
sj

My boss & his family go almost every year & agree with earlier post - if you can afford it, reserve directly through the Mt Tremblant site, and reserve something right at the resort. You can then ski right in/out of the hotel. I can imagine what it would be like to have to take a taxi or whatever with all of your ski equipment.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 12:40 PM
Kris

There is a shuttle that goes from all the condos & hotels to the slopes - no taxis involved. Also ski lockers at the base for many of the places based a bit further.