Reload this Page >

Victoria Hotels?

Search

Victoria Hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 12:31 PM
J Ludwig

Victoria Hotels?

Is it better to stay downtown or in the James Bay area? I see great rates and reviews on the Sandman, Executive House or Howard Johnson's and I'm torn as to where the best location would be?

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 02:20 PM
Frances

Have you checked out Isabella's apartments?Stayed there two weeks ago.They are superb and for a couple of reasons I'd choose them over a hotele.g.above a bakery so you wake to the smell of baking,right next door(spitting distance as we say in Britain)to La Terrazzo, super location for seeing everything by foot.

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 08:25 PM
jim

Actually downtown is walking distance from the James Bay area. I recommend dowtown myself. So much more to do and see, and you are going to wind up there anyway no matter where you stay because thats where the action is. My favorite hotel in Victoria is the Royal Scot, just 2 blocks from the inner harbour. They have a website if you are interested.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 05:36 AM
Janie

I agree with Jim. We just stayed at the Royal Scot in Victoria a few weeks ago and were very pleased with our choice. It is literally 2 blocks from the harbour and is a very quaint friendly hotel. We had a 2 bedroom suite with a full kitchen since we have 3 kids, and they really enjoyed it. The hotel also provides free shuttle service to anywhere within a 10 block radius which is where everything is anyway. We liked being close to the harbour and opted for a suite instead of a small room at the Days Inn with a view of the harbour (which was about the same price!) We spent so much time at the harbour that we didn't see a need to have a view from our hotel. Have a great time. Feel free to e-mail me directly if you have any questions.<BR>Janie

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 07:44 AM
Debbie

My husband stayed at the Admiral Motel a couple of years ago. It was downtown, clean and reasonable. The telephone number is 1-888-8Admiral. Have a great trip.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 01:11 PM
Coco

Have stayed twice at the Admiral House in Inner Harbor. Place of choice as we were traveling with 2 dogs and they do accept dogs. We enjoyed the end suite. There is also free parking which is very much welcomed. 1st choice...the Empress... has the best location to everything located right smack in the middle of the Inner Harbor. Our favorite place for locale.