Victoria Hotel Information

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2003, 08:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning a trip to Victoria at the beginning of July. Need recommendation for hotel and location. We would prefer to stay under $150.00 per night. What location do you recommend that is central to sights. Are any of the B&amp;B�s close to downtown area? Is parking available at most hotel locations. Thanks for any information.<BR>Rob in Atlanta<BR>
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 09:03 AM

For US$150 you should be able to stay at all but the most deluxe hotels in Victoria. There really is no debate about the best location. The majority of Victoria's tourist activity takes place in and around the Inner Harbour within a few blocks of the Empress Hotel. Our favorite place to stay while there is the Chateau Victoria which is primarily an all suite hotel with seperate bedrooms and sitting rooms and a basic Microwave/fridge kitchen. But you have to ask for that because not all rooms have microwaves nor are they all air conditioned. It's one short block from the Empress at half the price.<BR><BR>But there's a load of other good to very good hotels besides thatThe Delta Ocean Pointe is a little off centre but still only 3 or 4 blocks from the Empress and is a really good hotel right on the Harbour. The Magnolia is also a very highly rated hotel but is short on views. The south side of the Inner harbour has a number of good hotels as well. I have no reccomendations for B &amp; B's but there are also a number of them. Parking is either free at most places or there is a small, (compared to Vancouver), charge.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 09:05 AM

My husband and I honeymooned in Victoria 2 years ago. We stayed at a Best Western downtown and paid about $150 (can) a night. We had to pay for valet parking at the hotel, I think it was $6-8 a night. We never used our car while we were there, we just walked every where. We had a great time and can't wait to go back.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 01:28 PM

My wife and I will be staying at the Helm's Inn for 3 nights this coming June.<BR><BR>Any comments &quot;good or bad&quot; would be appreciated<BR><BR>Thank you<BR>
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 01:45 PM

I've never stayed at Helm's Inn though I've walked by it many times when in Victoria. It's something between a Motor Inn and an Apartment Block. The location is quiet compared to hotels just a block or two closer to the Inner Harbour but it's really close to all the attractions in Downtown Victoria - especially Beacon Hill Park and the Royal BC Museum. Not a bad choice for under $130CAD a night.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 04:38 PM

Last summer we stayed at the Royal Scot. Very convenient location - one block from the inner harbour (so price was reasonable-in your price range) and very close to parliament buildings. Parking was readily available and free. Our kids like the pool table in the game room. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 06:10 PM

GaryA,<BR><BR>Thank you for your comments regarding our choice of Hotels in Victoria and Vancouver. <BR><BR>BYW yes, we are paying less than $CAD150.00/night for our stay in Vancouver.<BR><BR>jet29