Vancouver & Victoria Suite Hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for a suite hotel in Vancouver and Victoria for family - myself, husband and mid-20's age daughter. We will need a one bedroom suite and would love it if we could have a frig - better with kitchen, but not necessary.

Vancouver - We've got a reservation at the Hampton Suites, but I can't tell about the neighborhood. Would love a hotel with character rather than one like this. Is the West End a better choice for Hotel?

Victoria - We have a reservation at the Inn at Laurel. I made the reservation after reading some good posts. But, as I continue reading and thinking about our time on Victoria, I don't know if we want to spend this much for a place we won't really use. Some of the reviews sounded like people's experience was varied.

Would love some input.

We're leaving on Monday - so our second thoughts need to be acted on soon!

As for rates, we'd like to spend under $200 if possible...

Thanks
Old May 1st, 2010, 05:53 AM

In Victoria, I stayed at the Royal Scot and was quite happy with it. The location was great!
http://www.royalscot.com/
Old May 1st, 2010, 07:11 AM

There are several good suite hotels in Victoria and as susieQQ said the Royal Scot is excellent. Another hotel that is a well priced for the location is the Queen Victoria http://www.qvhotel.com/ It is right across from the Royal BC Museum and a block from the Inner Harbour where all of the action is. Their restaurant is also good - not gourmet but good food, quick service and reasonably priced.
Old May 1st, 2010, 08:57 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. We're looking at the Royal Scot and the Queen Victoria, which both have openings.

Any ideas for Vanouver???? Right now we're at the Hampton Suites but wonder about the location. I was reading that the West End may be a nicer spot.

Thanks in advance for advice.
Old May 1st, 2010, 10:52 AM

The hotel I was going to recommend closed as of yesterday to convert to an apartment building however there are several suite hotels in the westend. The Times Square http://www.timessquaresuites.com/ is nice and I see that their rates aren't too bad at this time. It is in a good location and I do know some people who stayed there and were very pleased.
Old May 1st, 2010, 05:46 PM

Or try Rose Ellen suites in the West End. www.rosellensuites.com

Hampton Suites is fine, but is not in a residential area and not much character. Rosedale on Robson is slightly better.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 07:18 PM

you might try the coast plaza on comox @ denman. some suites have full kitchens others micro waves and fridges. plenty of dining, public transit and short walk to stanley park and english bay
cheers
AndrewDavid
Old May 3rd, 2010, 12:04 PM

In Victoria I really like Swans Suite Hotel. They have rooms with kitchens and it is located right downtown just a couple of minutes from the Inner Harbour.

http://www.swanshotel.com