Search

Victoria hotels with stunning views

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2005, 03:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Victoria hotels with stunning views

Hi all

next on my list of places to find: something lovely in Victoria. any tips? I know about the Fairmount, which is a consideration, but I also hear the rooms and bathrooms are quite small, is this correct?

thank you!
Old Apr 16th, 2005, 05:01 AM

I have not stayed at the Fairmont Empress Hotel, but being an old, historic hotel I would imagine the rooms would be small. It is a lovely place to have tea (expensive) and is a busy hotel with tourists. I have stayed at the Delta Ocean Pointe Hotel which I love. You can request a harbour view room. It is a short walk to downtown Victoria. There is another property called Laurel Point which is on the waterfront also opposite the Delta.
Old Apr 16th, 2005, 07:40 AM

We have stayed at Laurel point inn and it had nice views but I liked the view we had at Victoria Regent better. Laurel Point is at the end of the harbor it does have gardens and trails the Victoria regent does not. Regent is closer to downtown shopping but if just depends on what type of surroundings you want.
Old Apr 16th, 2005, 08:18 AM

The Victoria Regent might be most fun for you because of the float plane action. But then there was talk about noisy drunks in the area at night. Laurel Point is in a lovely spot on the harbour but I don't know what it's like to stay there. The two rooms I have seen on that side of the harbour (Laurel Pt. and the Coast) seemed a bit on the dark side because of their north-ish facing direction. Ocean Pointe's location across the harbour ought to be sunnier, but is slightly less convenient to town. You can take a little ferry from there to the causeway.
Old Apr 16th, 2005, 08:24 AM

I posted before reading your comments, Zozozo. Did you have any problems with noise at the Regent?