Search

Egg benedict - Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 04:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Egg benedict - Vancouver

Hi everyone.
Can anybody recommend a private restaurant which serves eggs benedict?
Without a doubt I'll try it at the hotel we'll stay but would like to have one somewhere else.
Ideal location is near the water front.
Thanks.
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 09:15 AM

Nu restaurant has exceptional eggs benedict along with other incredible food. Its right on the water on Granville Island.
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 06:05 PM

Hi
Umm, actually Nu is across the water from Granville Island. I've never had their Eggs Benny but I'm sure it's fantastic - the rest of their food is. Another place would be Milestones on English Bay or Carderos on Coal Harbour (near Stanley Park). The Eggs Benny at Tomato on Cambie Street (not on the water) is divine.
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:11 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your information.
I checked the Nu's website, it looks so stylish. Might visit not for the Eggs Benedict but lunch/dinner.
Milestones has various locations and is closer from my hotel.
I'll go either, if possible both (LOL).
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 08:50 PM

Sorry about that I meant to say across from Granville Island. My mind was on trying to remember the name of a restaurant there that specialized in Eggs Benedict. I don't know if its still there or not because I haven't been there for some time. I think the name was a female's name???? Anybody know what I am talking about?
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 06:18 PM

Hi Traveller69
I think you might be referring to Riley's? Riley's is no longer in business. Besides, the Eggs Benny, they used to have the best natchoes in town too. Nu is the restaurant in the old Riley's location.

You must try the chicken wings stuffed with goat cheese, beer infused oysters,
crab louie and the ribs. Mmmm, mmmm
Old Oct 7th, 2006, 12:16 PM

Sweettooth,

I'm not normally a fan of any "chain", but by the time I found out that Milestone's was a "chain", it was too late - I was hooked! Their bennies are just about the best I've ever had anywhere and the service is superb. The hollandaise sauce is perfect, just enough lemon tang, just creamy enough. Fried potatoes are "just so!". Did I say that the service is great? But, if you do visit Milestone's, they have a breakfast item (and I can't recall the exact name and it isn't on the on-line menu) with poached eggs and creamed spinach on foccacio that will blow you away if you like bennies! I swear - I'm hooked for life!

That having been said, I'm totally convinced that no one should visit Vancouver without experiencing brekkie at the Elbow Room. No view, but really superb food - and you have the opportunity to be yelled at by a bunch of staff who appear to be escapees from an SNL episode. Most are gay and very very campily so and will noodge you to eat and embarass you if you don't, to the point of asking you to donate to a local gay hospice charity. Hilarious to the extreme and very good fun!

You didn't say where you are staying. But - if you are near the Pacific Palisades - they have very good bennies as well and their Huevos Rancheros are super.

Bon appetit!
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 06:27 PM

I was in Vancouver over the weekend and we decided to walk to find a place for breakfast on Sunday morning. We found the Main Street Cafe on - Main Street. Great eggs Benedict and cheap too!
It's a bit away from downtown and the waterfront though.