Search

Drumheller Lodging

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drumheller Lodging

Hi,
We've decided to stay there one night. There is not a lot of info on lodging. Can anyone recommend anything? For now I have a rezzie at Lodge at Drumheller for $85.

Thanks
Susan
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 05:26 PM
nkh

How many people? If you only need one room, or at least are not a large group, (I think they only have 3-4 rooms) you could try Taste the Past Bed and Breakfast. They are listed on the Alberta B&B association site: www.bbalberta.com/tastethepast

We stayed there in 2005 (wow time flies). It was very pleasant - traditional style home decoration etc., and hosts were extremely nice and sociable. Price was a bit higher than what you currently have (but included a very fancy breakfast).

We would stay there again if going to Drumheller.
Old Jul 2nd, 2007, 06:54 PM

Just came back from Drumheller. Stayed at Ramada Inn for one night. New and convenient location with a great pool but pricey. Paid CAD 170 for one night.
Old Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:44 PM

We stayed at the drumheller lodge 2 years ago. Basic accomodations across a huge parking lot from a big grocery store.
Nothing special at all. Fodors was recomending it then, but I cannot seem to find any listing for Drumheller tonight.
It is a bed though and we bought supper fixins from the grocery deli.
Our impression overall is that Drumheller is missing the boat. A world class dinosaur museum in a backwater that makes most tour companies daytrip it from Calgary.
Just our thoughts.
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:05 AM

There was an excellent b&b when we stayed there a few years ago;can't recall the name. The fair price included wine at check-in, charming, comfortable rooms, huge, delicious breakfasts and friendly hosts. We had dinner at a very good Chinese restaurant recommended by the b&b owners. There was a street fair with music, otherwise, it seemed a sleepy little town.
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:11 AM

O.K. I looked it up - curiousity got the best of me! The b&b was indeed Taste the Past.

Old Jul 4th, 2007, 06:53 AM
ltt

ttt
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

As I mentioned in my "Tyrrell/Dino Park" thread, we made one change in our trip which was to spend an extra day in Rockies at expense of Tyrrell. So we didn't make it to Drumheller.

All of the B&Bs were not available or didn't have 2 beds (traveling with my DAD) but several referred me to Newcastle Inn which had space.

I cancelled the rezzie about 36 hours in advance. She said there was a 48 hr cancellation policy and as they were full, she had been turning people away. There was no policy mentioned in email confirm but it's possible she stated it on the phone.

As a courtesy she then said she would charge me only a cancellation fee and if she could fill the room wouldn't charge me at all (haven't checked) - fair enough. As a result, I would probably stay there in the future.
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 05:48 PM

I did reply to your other post, but just had to add another 2 cents worth. We got burned a couple of years ago in cancelling a reservation at Nanaimo. I too would have liked to see something in writing on the cancellation, and think you were more than fair. So was the reservationist, so you are even. In the end, though, when we went to Drumheller, we didn't feel that it was somewhere we would like to spend the night (being that this was a long distance vacation). Staying in the Rockies and making a day trip was fine for us.