Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

2 nights in Victoria, but where to stay?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I are celebrating 20 years of wedded bliss this summer and travelling to Vancouver & Vancouver Island in late July. We have our accomodations in Vancouver for the first 3 nights, followed by 2 nights in Tofino. We are planning to stay in Victoria for 1, but likely 2, night(s) at the end of our trip. We'd like to be close to it all. Does anyone have any recommendations of neat/special places to stay in Victoria?
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 11:32 AM

My favorite hotel in Victoria is the Laurel Point Inn, particularly the south wing.

I'd really urge you to stay 3 nights in Tofino, however. With the travel time there, one full day just isn't enough IMO.
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 12:33 PM

bjupper, i like the rooms and service at both the marriott inner harbour and the magnolia. b&b's here also compete w/ the best hotels and binners b&b is quite luxurious
cheers
andrewdavid
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 12:43 PM

We enjoyed the Magnolia but we've only been to Victoria once so I don't really have anything to compare it to.
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 09:47 PM

Oh, hands down, the Rosewood Inn!!! We just got back from 5 days in Victoria and the Rosewood was definitely the highlight of our trip. What a charming B&B, with breakfast in the atrium, and a wonderful staff! It is 595 Michigan Street at the corner of Government, 2 end-blocks behind the Parliament building. We walked to everything but felt like we were in a nice quiet neighborhood, not the middle of a city.
www.rosewoodvictoria.com

I just posted pics of my trip at:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...localeid=en_US

Old Apr 26th, 2008, 09:07 AM

We stayed at Ryan's B and B which is located in the James Bay district on the east side of the harbor and south of the Museum.

Sheila Ryan, who posses a hauntingly beautiful soprano voice, no longer operates he place, but the rooms do not appear to have changed.

The business is still listed under the old name and accessing the web site is easy.

We had an expensive room with a private whirlpool tub of large proportions and a king-sized bed.

If you are looking for a special occasion spot, this room might be one to consider. It was well appointed and spacious.