Staying in Victoria vs. Sooke

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be staying in the Victoria area for 3 nights of our honeymoon this July. I was hoping for some advice on accommodations. We are considering the Blue Sky B & B in Sooke. Is this a reasonable location if we want to spend some time exploring Victoria? Or should we stay closer to Victoria? If so, what are some good places to stay at for around $150 a night? Thank you!!
Old Apr 15th, 2008, 11:55 AM

Sooke is about an hour's drive from downtown Victoria. If you don't mind doing a lot of driving to see everything you want to see, it's a fine place to stay. If you want to stay right in Victoria, I highly recommend the Best Western Harbour View. It's one block from the Inner Harbour where all the action is.
Old Apr 15th, 2008, 12:20 PM

I've never thought of Sooke as a honeymoon destination. It would be a long drive in and out every day if you want to explore Victoria.
Old Apr 15th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Original Poster

I did not realize Sooke was that far away from Victoria. We are starting in Vancouver (3 nights) and making stops in Whistler (2 nights) and Tofino (5 nights) so I think by the time we get to Victoria we will want to minimize the driving. Thanks for the helpful info! Any other Victoria suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Apr 15th, 2008, 07:20 PM

I'm also in the process of planning a trip to Vancouver Island.
We're spending a couple of days in Victoria but we are also planning on 4 nights in Sooke.
I found this terrific guestsuite and the owners have been delightful in helping with suggestions for other areas of the island.
http://www.eaglecove.ca/

It looks wonderful and the price looks great!!
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 11:43 PM

If a B&B is your thing, you will find a variety of prices and locations throughout the Victoria region for inspected and approved B&Bs at www.BestBnBVictoria.com. All listings have click-throughs to the actual B&Bs.