HONEYMOON DELEMIA - Australia itinerary - please give opinions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2003, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are having a problem deciding which Islands to go to for our Honeymoon. We are in Australia for only 13 days. We know we are spending at least 3-4 nights in Sydney but everything before we are lost. We have 10 Days in which to occupy, please help....<BR><BR>Lizard Island - (Sunset Villa or Anchor Bay rooms?) - LI seems to be the top choice!<BR>But Haymen looks fantastic or Bedarra Isl<BR>What about Orpheus or Silky Oaks?<BR><BR>Are there any other Island we should be exploring on the Great Barrier Reef? <BR><BR>Sydney:<BR><BR>-PARK HYATT SYDNEY or FOUR SEASONS while in Sydney? Right now we have DELUXE ROOM - OPERA HOUSE VIEW if at PHS.<BR><BR>-SYDNEY'S WATERWAYS &amp; WILDLIFE (we want to pet and feed Koala Bears and Kangaroos (any suggestions please)<BR>-BRIDGE CLIMB<BR><BR>Please help. Thanks, We cant wait!<BR><BR><BR>
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 11:45 AM

Here is a web site which lists some of the islands in the Whitsunday group but does not list Linderman ( which has a Club Med) or Brampton so you will have to check those out seperately. <BR>http://www.whitsundaysonline.com/mainpg-accommodation.php<BR>Then there is Dunk Island closer to Cairns, Bedarra, Hinchinbrook Island ( you will find another web site for Hinchinbrook in another post about Dunk. <BR>Have fun choosing.<BR>Liz
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 01:29 PM
ALF

I know a good Eating Disorder Web site that specializes in treating Delemia.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 03:14 PM
LN

Alf<BR><BR>After listening to all this war talk all day - you have made my day!!!!
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 09:33 PM

LN, I watched a re-run of last night's cricket and missed the war talk - darn, now I will have to log onto the SMH site.<BR>Alf, now I know what it is that I have got. Hope it doesn't mean that I have to fess up to a shrink!
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 04:09 AM

Cockatoo Island boasts the most wonderful views in Australia. <BR>From the restaurant you look out to four thousand other Islands. All of them bright red in colour with a back ground of aqua Ocean, the sky in that part of Aust is a very very deep blue. You can stand in the pool at Cockatoo and look over the edge , approx 400 ft strait down. You can stand in water waist deep watching, Whales, Sharks, Dugong , large turtles, and all sorts of rays swimming by, while slowly sipping a glass of Wirra Wirra Church Block,you may also see a few crocs. Just down the road from Cockatoo , you can swim with whale sharks. They grow to 44 ft and weigh in around 11 tons. Just to the North of Cockatoo you have faraway bay, there is a water fall around the corner from faraway bay which is about the 4th most beautiful in the country. An other Interesting Island is Hicks, and then an other is Haggerstone. York Island and Coconut Island are also very unique. However the very most beautiful of them all with out any doubt what so ever is Murray. Murray is covered with very thick jungle. It is surrounded by reef which is untouched, there are many places on the Island where white men have not ever been. Next to Murray about a thousand yards away is an other Island which is Taboo, ( not allowed to go there )it is believed over four thousand people are buried between the rocks on this Island. All of them are with out their heads. A legacy from a time not so long ago. Sabai is an other one which springs to mind as an extremley unique and interesting Island. Possession, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday Islands are also worth a look. If you have time you should also have a look at Booby Island. Australia's oldest post office is there actually. There are records scratched out on the walls of a cave on Booby dating back to several years after Cook. If its a quick fix you need and you do not have the time or the money to visit any of the above Islands you should go to Lizard. Lizard is surrounded by very good quality reef which is teeming with marine life. I have been to all of the above places with a company in Cairns called Daintree Air Services. I have only mentioned several Islands above, there are actually thousands of them and most of them uninhabited and untouched.Daintree Air fly extended charter all over Australia to the most amazing places which most of us have never even heard about. If you really want a honeymoon you will never forget, you can contact them at www.daintreeair.com.au <BR>Pete
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 06:53 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, I just need some guidance. Picking an Island has proven to be very difficult. Please help me decide on either Bedarra &amp; Lizard or Haymen &amp; Lizard or other..<BR><BR>Silky Oaks, Orpheus....<BR><BR>Thnaks again
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 07:16 AM

I have written before I think to one of your other posts. . . I would do Silky Oaks and Lizard Island in addition to Sydney for your time in Australia. With 13 days maybe split like this 5 LI, 5 Syd, and 3 Silky Oaks. Lizard will give you luxury with the beach atmosphere and especially if you dive it would be my selection HANDS DOWN. If you don't dive maybe do Bederra and Silky Oaks. Lizard is smaller resort I believe, but a perk with Bederra is alcohol is included in tariff! If your drinkers that would be nice. Silky Oaks will give you the luxury with the Rainforest/Natural atmosphere. I would definitely include it for the unique luxury!<BR><BR>That would round out your trip and give you the most exposure to the diversity of Australia ( in addition to Syndey ). In Sydney I would def. spend more than 3 nights. Rather 4 - 5 and maybe take in a wine region tour or to visit the Blue Mts which are highly recommended on this site. <BR><BR>Dawn