Little Plam Island

Apr 22nd, 2002, 07:38 AM
Amanda

Little Plam Island

Can someone give me a little more info on the Little Palm Island Resort. Does the price of the room include anything other than the room, such as food, water sports, etc? I can't imagine paying that price for just a room.
Also are there any other hotels/reorts on this island and how big is the island?
Thanks

Apr 22nd, 2002, 07:42 AM
x

I have topped a few things for you. It is a private island and beautiful. There are different packages available.

Apr 22nd, 2002, 07:56 AM
thereyouare

littlepalmisland.com

Apr 22nd, 2002, 05:06 PM
Amanda

I have checked the web site but can not find the packages. Could someone be more specific.
Thanks.

Apr 22nd, 2002, 05:17 PM
xxx

There are many different ones- Honeymoon, escape, daily, daily with meals,etc.... You will have to call and see what they have to offer.

Apr 22nd, 2002, 05:21 PM
yankee

Amanda: My husband and I stayed at Little Palm Island last April. The price of the room does not include food. As far as water sports, I'm not sure. I think there were some scuba excursions, but I don't know if they were extra. The room is more like a suite in a tiki hut type bungalow. A stay there is expensive, but the island is beautiful, quiet and the service is first-class. There is nothing on the island but the resort itself. The restaurant is fantastic, the food was top-notch and dining on the beach at sunset was something I'll never forget. Can you tell I had a great time? One thing, other than a day trip to Key West, there really isn't much to do but relax. I wouldn't recommend going for more than 3 or 4 days. Personally, I would tend to get bored after that.

Apr 22nd, 2002, 05:58 PM
aks

The room could include the meals. It depends on what plan you buy.

Apr 23rd, 2002, 05:55 AM
anon

It is as close to an All Inclusive as you can get in the Keys but you have to pay for the appropriate package. Some include 2 meals and some include 3. It is a great place to rewind and refuel yourself. Fishing and the like are not included but there is a small marina with boats to hire. There are no other resorts on the island. It is a small island with 30 huts, with 2 rooms each so you never have anymore than 60 guest at once but they have in upwards of 175 employees. You will be very pampered.

Apr 27th, 2002, 04:37 PM
Amanda

Thanks for all the info...one more question though. Do the packages that include meals include alcoholic drinks. If I am going to be pampered, I want some drinks delivered to me on the beach.

Apr 28th, 2002, 05:59 AM
cheap

They will be delivered but I doubt they are included. Little Palm has meal plans not booze plans.

Apr 28th, 2002, 06:08 AM
FYI

From second hand reports - there is not too much beach. A very small albeit pretty beach is on the resort. Both parties I know spent more time at the pool.

Apr 28th, 2002, 07:30 AM
another

The beach is small but very nice. The pool area is lovely. Drinks are not included (as stated before) but the staff is excellent and will be anticipating your request before you even ask. With so few guests on the island, they will know you on a first and last name basis in a matter of hours.

May 2nd, 2002, 04:31 AM
Kim

Has anyone had the pleasure of staying in one of Little Palm's Grand Suites? I think there are only two. The photos of the suites look lovely.
Several years ago, we stayed in the houseboat suite, which was destroyed in the last hurricane. That is why the Grand suites were built, so I know they are fairly new.
I also noticed, it is under new management. How has this changed things?
Especailly love to visit with someone who has stayed before and after hurricane so I can hear comparision.
Thank you.

May 5th, 2002, 10:33 AM
Kim

ttt

May 5th, 2002, 10:47 AM
sharon

My husband and I spent 4 days on Little Palm Island - while it is little, I would not really call it an island. To achieve the effect of an island, they have dredged a canal through the land.

I would say the huts are nicer than the suites, although the suites had additional services included.

The food was wonderful, but do not get the impression that because you are on an exclusive island you will be the only ones there for dinner. They bring in boats of people for dinner, so your little "paradise" becomes quite crowded come dinner time.

Drinks are never included (regardless of package) and are quite expensive.

The beach leaves much to be desired and the pool is extremely small.

We went snorkeling and kayaking, and that was wonderful.

I would never return, and did not feel it was worth the cost. I cannot recommend it.

May 5th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Ams

Just checking.PLAM Island?