Honeymoon-Feb.2003 for under $10,000?

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 08:03 AM
Steve

Honeymoon-Feb.2003 for under $10,000?

My fiance and I are getting married Feb. 2003. We only have 8 days for a honeymoon and a $10,000 budget. We are 25, leaving from NJ and are open to any suggestions (islands, resorts, etc..) We have been to Aruba, Maui, Oahu, Puerto Rico, Bermuda, Cancun, Caymans.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Stanley

2 first class tickets from the US to this part of the world will have consumed your $10,000. If you fly coach or business you might have some left over for some nice resorts.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 05:25 AM
Laura

Steve: We just married and honeymooned on Matangi Island in Fiji. There are a lot of previous posts about Matangi Island on this site if you want to do a search to get more information.

We were over-the-top thrilled with our selection of Matangi Island. It is quite a small island, only 12 huts I believe, with awesome personal attention by the staff.

I believe we paid in the neighborhood of $4,800 for 8 nights on the island -- that was flying from L.A. (our wedding only added on about another $1,000).

I encourage you to check out their website: www.matangiisland.com.

Good luck!

Laura

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 06:38 AM
LordBalfor

You could do a week (as we did) to 10 days in a romantic overwater bungalow in French Polynesia (Bora Bora, Moorea, Tahiti) for that - or you could visit the Cook Islands (as we also did) and rent a house right on the lagoon on Raro for 2 weeks AND spend a week on a resort on Aitutaki for around $7000 - $8000 (depending on airfare from NJ to LAX).
Take a look at my trip photos to see if these places interest you:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lordbalfor

I've also posted trip reports at:

http://www.epinions.com/user-lordbalfor/show_~content/pp_~1/pa_~1

Ken

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Joella

Hi:
I am going to spend my Honeymoon in Australia. I recommend you check out australia.com web site they have tons of vacations for under $2000 a person and these include air travel from California and internal travel in Australia. Check it out you will not regret it. Good luck in your search.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 11:17 AM
Joella

BTW I found another web site that may be of interest. They have lots of packages at great prices with great options.

www.anzac.com

Hope this helps.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 12:22 PM
John in Miami

I've used ANZAC and they were an absolute pleasure to work with. And no, I'm not an employee

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 01:00 PM
SheilaJ

I flew to Australia, business class, from Washington for my honeymoon. We went to Hayman Island for 5 days and then flew up to Lizard Island for another 5 days - it was absolute bliss. We also spent 4 days in Sydney and although I loved the barrier reef and the islands we had a fantastic time in Sydney. We stayed at the Park Hyatt with a harbour view room and let me tell you that no-where in the world could we have had a better honeymoon.
We are planning to return to Australia every 5 years for an anniversary. I would go every year except we want to be able to spend more time than the annual vacation time so need to save up the weeks a bit.
Check out Australia, with the exchange rate and the fantastic things to do you cannot go wrong.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 01:00 PM
Steve

Thank You for all of the advice! Keep the tips coming coming.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 02:41 PM
Rachel

Hi. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. While my husband and I are super-excited about going to Australia next month, you might want to consider staying somewhere a little closer to home for your honeymoon if you only have 8 days. We're flying to Sydney from New York and it's 21 hours of flight time just to get there, so that would eat up 2 of your days just travelling--just a thought. I don't know if you've been there, but I've heard that both Abaco and Turks & Caicos are really nice (and much closer to Jersey!).

Congrats again; I'm sure you'll have a fabulous honeymoon!

-Rachel

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 09:14 PM
Ellie

Steve,

Congratulations, while your budget is manageable, try to squeeze in some extra time! As a previous post mention, you'll need two days to get there. Also, with 8 - 10 days, try to narrow your focus (e.g. concentrate on Sydney area or Queensland/Barrier Reef) I myself am a jersey girl getting married in England in September, then honeymooning in Oz. This board has been a wealth of info! We have booked everyhting via internet and found some great deals. With a $10k budget, you can probably even upgrade your flight!

If you have any ?'s. feel free to e-mail me.

Good luck, Ellie