Thailand where to go in 2 weeks in May?

Apr 24th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Original Poster

Thailand where to go in 2 weeks in May?

Hello Everyone

I'm freaking out and I hope you can help me.. My husband and I just found out that we can have 18 days free, so..

We just bought a ticket to Bangkok for the 8th of May 2013!!! I don't know exactly where to go, I just know that we'll get to Bangkok on the 8th and be back through Singapore on the 26th of May.

I keep reading and I wish I have more time to visit, there are so many options!!! But We narrow it to:

1) Bangkok for 4 days
2) Siem Reap for 2-3 days
3) Beach time, for 6 days
4) Singapore for 2-3 days

Any commets??
Can anyone tell me about a beach or an island for the Beach part of the trip? We want something exotic and luxurious for a romantic time.

Is the weather in may to rainy???

Thanks so much!!! I'm in a hurry!!!
Apr 24th, 2013, 08:24 PM

Where are you flying in from Linpah and what is your budget for a beach hotel/resor?
Apr 24th, 2013, 11:52 PM

Hello! In May rainy season usually begins in Thailand, but rains are not too strong, still take an umbrella. As for romantic islands: Samui is good, but sometimes crowded, Koh Sammet and Koh Chang are more solitary, but still provide good hotels and beaches as well as some sights, Koh Wai is almost deserted.
Apr 25th, 2013, 06:44 AM

It takes three full days just to see the major temples at Angkor (that means 4 nights), so I'd increase your time there. Get a copy of Dawn Rooney's book, Angkor: A Guide to Cambodai's Wondrous Temples to prepare. Also consider this: www.theplf.org

Thailand is impacted by two different monsoon systems, so when one beach area is rainy, another is drier. Hanuman can help you with beach areas.
Apr 25th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone.
Hanuman we're flying from New York, Beach budget $250

What about Beaches in the west side??
Apr 25th, 2013, 10:30 AM

At that time of year Koh Samui, Koh Tao / Nangyaun would be nice and weather should be fine, those if you want tropical island style.
Apr 25th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Original Poster

Thanks JamesA. just one question.

The flight from Bangkok to Samui is bit expensive, whats a better way to get there? Flight to Surat Thani and take the ferry? We then need to flight to Singapore,any suggestions??
Apr 25th, 2013, 07:11 PM

I personally don't like the beaches on Koh Samui that much. With only one good beach with fine white sand it tends to get very crowded.

IMO, a better destination will be the area around Phuket including Khao Lak to Krabi will be a better choice and for May it should be OK for weather. Also, you can buy one way tickets from Bangkok to Phuket on a low cost airline and then depart from there, Phuket, to Singapore quite easily.
Apr 25th, 2013, 07:44 PM

Another option will be the Hua Hin and this will not require any flights as it's only a 3 hours drive from Bangkok. The beach itself is nice but the water is not as clear as it is around Phuket. Lots of fine hotels and a small quaint little town as well.
Apr 26th, 2013, 12:43 AM

May could be the beginning of the rainy season for all SEA, but just disregard it as most times it only rains for a few hours and after that it is nice weather again.

If you have not been in Bangkok before 4 days BKK is just fine, make an river cruise and klong tour, visit the Wat Arun and Grand Palace. If you like bicycling make an tour along the klongs of Bangkok (in the old days the Venice of Asia) with Co van Kessel Tours. Walk and get lost in China Town.

You can fly straight from BKK to Siem Reap to visit Ankor Wat, although I think you should make it at least 3 days. Read some books about the "Greater Khmer Kingdom" before going.

You could fly back to Bangkok via Phnom Penh and spend there 2 or 3 days, an fascinating city! Like Bangkok was 30 years ago.

I would choose my place of beach at the last moment, depending on the weather forecast. If it is raining on the east-coast, there is most times no rain at the west-coast. And vv.

You could also stay nearby of BKK airport along the Eastern Seaboard, but more chance of rain.

Chang Noi
May 6th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much everyone, you all were very helpful.. we are all set and almost ready to go!!!

I'm so exited... THANKS
May 7th, 2013, 10:47 AM

A family member is on Koh Samet right now (that is just off shore in the Rayong area). A flight is not necessary. Pictures on FB show perfect weather right now. Lots of options for beach resorts!
May 7th, 2013, 01:14 PM

the sheraton and amari vogue are very nice near krabi...

don't fly and ferry to samui.. hastle..

Search this Thread