Phuket Questions...

Old Jan 31st, 2007, 01:55 AM
Original Poster

Phuket Questions...

First of all I would like to thank everyone for the great information posted on this site.
I have just booked my 6th trip to Thailand, frist to Phuket and Phi Phi so I have many questions, most have already been answered I still have a few.....
First I'll tell you about our trip 25th May-9th June 2007. Flying Thai from Sydney to Bangkok. 2 nights at The Grand Diamond Suites in BKK then 8 nights at The Impiana Cabana Phuket and 4 nights at The Arayaburi Resort Phi Phi. Would love feedback, although already booked!!
Firstly where do I buy the Nancy Chandler shopping map? I have done well without it in the past but this time I want to make sure I don't miss anything.
We would like to have a nice dinner by or on the river while we are in BKK can anyone suggest somewhere?
I know everyone says not to have any tailoring done in Phuket but we will only be in Bangkok for two nights so we don't have another option. I was wondering if anyone has had any good expreiencies. My boyfriend wants to have a suit made and I might have some things copied.
We would really like to go game fishing while we are there. Is it best to do this from Phuket or Phi Phi? Can anyone recommend an operator?
Thanks in advance.
Amanda.
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 02:15 AM

Amanda,

I am afraid that June is not the best time for gamefishing around Phuket as the sea can be quite rough and the pelagic fish are not around at that time of the year.

In case you still want to try here are some links to a couple of good charter operator around Phuket:

http://www.reelhooker-phuket.com/index.html

http://www.wahoo.ws/
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 02:39 AM

As hanuman has pointed out it is not the best time weatherwise, you could be lucky but it 'is' the rainy season, though early June not so bad as later.

As far as tailors are concered the experts who have done this will come in, I think the main thing is always to say you are leaving far earlier than you realy are in case you need alterations or changes.

I know some have personal experience with bangkok tailors and can make recommendations, do you have any nights in Bangkok at the end of the trip?

Impiana Cabana. This is right on the beach, busy part of Patong but it won't be that busy May / June. From the road side of the Impiana you walk right onto tailors shops, souvenir shops and easy walk to restaurants, Soi Bangla for bars and nightlife etc.
The Impiana benefits from location and that is a real plus.
Patong will be much quieter than it was our recent 2 trips ( not for pleasure ) and your location will benefit as the tuk tuk prices in Patong has shot up, but your location means you can walk to where you need to go to shop and for nightlife and that is going to save you some bucks!.
Saxophone is a Jazz bar/pub place easy walking distance of Impiana.
Leigh is going to Phi Phi before you and may be able to let you know about the Arayaburi Resort.
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 10:25 PM

Hi Amanda,

I don't have any knowledge of The Arayaburi Resort, but we are off to Phi Phi in three weeks and I will find out what I can. From the photos on their site it looks like quite a new resort.
As for game fishing in May June, well, again I can't offer any first hand advice, but I have a good few contacts on Phi Phi so I will find out and let you know.
I hope to make a couple of posts from Phi Phi late Feb to early March.
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 03:55 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all.

Leigh looking forward to your reply and any suggestions for things to do while in Phi Phi....
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 10:59 AM

Just a thought, if you posted a message about tailors bangkok some of the regulars have had suits made and know some good reliable tailors in Bangkok and you might, depending on your schedule, be able to arrange in Bangkok and then pick up on the way out, if you have time, might be worth a try.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 11:05 AM

I bought 6 Nancy Chandler maps online for me and my group. Go to: www.nancychandler.net
Very easy and efficient!
Have fun and say hello to Phi Phi for me...we will be there in March! Woo Hooo!
Susie