melaka/malaysia/worth seeing?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24th, 2003, 06:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi.i have booked ticket for kuala-lumpur, going to stay 5 nights there before i go down to singapore for 4 nights, i have 2 more nights to spend and im thinking of melaka, so what is there to see and do?, going from kl to melaka, and from there to singapore, shall i take the bus, or is there a train connection?
thanks...
Old Nov 25th, 2003, 02:47 AM
Original Poster

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 25th, 2003, 02:59 AM

Is your return flight ex KL? The reason I ask is that it might be easier and cheaper to go straight from KL to Singapore using Air Asia ( they fly KL to Johor Bharu and then take you by bus to Singapore, and it's dirt cheap! ). You 'can' get various buses from Melaka to SIN but if you have a couple of 'empty' days in your plan have you thought about having some beach time? Again Air Asia offer real cheap flights just 50 minutes KL to Langkawi for example so you can get some 'tropical island' into the trip.
If you use Air Asia you can use their bus between KLIA and downtowns for RM10 ( about $2.50 ) otherwise the train is (I think ) about RM25 o/way.

I forget the person's name but there is a regular on the board who I belive 'lives' in Melaka who can give you all the info, but it's just early evening here in Asia so I should hold on a while for the rest of the 'Asian legation' to join the forum.
Old Nov 25th, 2003, 03:14 AM

Check under the post 'relaxing Stay in Malaysia' and check what Jenner has to say, Jenner lives there.
Old Nov 25th, 2003, 03:33 AM
Original Poster

thanks jamesA.. im flying out of singapore, and i have not booked a plane ticket from KL to SIN, i was thinking of see som of the landscape on my way down to SIN.i have been many times to SEA(vietnam,honk-kong and thailand), and since i dont have that much time this time, i was thinking just to take a city trip, and since melaka is between KL and SIN, i was thinking about 2 nights there, but if there are other places that are more ok to spend 2 nights let me know. thanks.
Old Nov 25th, 2003, 03:53 AM

In that case
Mmelaka / Malacca sounds a good option, I am sure Jenner will update for you but I would give it a day or so for more responses and I know others are the experts for that area.