Lanna Thai Villa

Jun 28th, 2002, 08:47 AM
david

Lanna Thai Villa

anyone been to lanna thai villa in Chiang Mai? It's in one of the residence suites at the Regent, only costs 1/2 of staying in the hotel and includes bkfst.

Jul 2nd, 2002, 06:48 AM
david

anyone?

Jul 3rd, 2002, 10:36 PM
Justin

Just came back from Chiang Mai and we stayed at the Regent. As a matter of fact, we stayed at one of the residences this time and it was superb. I've been to the Regent a few times but have never heard of the Lanna Thai Villa. Sorry about that. Is it somehow related to the Lanna Spa? In any case, all the residences are extremely classy and well decorated. Service is incredible and the view is breathtaking. It's heaven on earth! 6-star-luxury indeed.

Jul 8th, 2002, 06:22 AM
david

actually, it's one of the residences. I believe it occupies the top 2 floors of residence #3. see www.lana-thai-villa.com

Jul 9th, 2002, 07:26 PM
Justin

David - All the residences at the Regent look very similar, though each has its own unique interior design. Though I've never been to the Lana Thai Villa, the cost sounds very tempting, and if I were you, I would definitely go for it. The hotel itself is a work of art, not to mention the spectacular pool, restaurants, tennis courts, and the SPA! If you do decide to proceed with your trip, kindly let the board know if it's "value for money"!

Jul 10th, 2002, 07:11 AM
david

thanks, the cost does sound tempting. Although the suite is smaller than the hotel pavilions, you do get breakfast, a personal housekeeper/cook and access to the pool reserved for the residences. Justin, how was the private pool compared to the hotel pool?

Jul 10th, 2002, 04:12 PM
Justin

David - The private residence pool is very small, but extremely quiet. I've never seen anyone swimming in that pool. As a matter of fact, you seldom see tourists around the hotel. You only see staff - staff, everywhere. The public pool is extremely nice. It has one of those infinity-edges and the view is spectacular! As a matter of fact, the public pool is also very quiet. In the morning and afternoon, you will probably see only 1-2 swimmers. In the evening, no one at all. Both pools are very well kept though.