Indira Ghandi Airport

Search

Indira Ghandi Airport

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2018, 12:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indira Ghandi Airport

Hi All...Anyone familiar with Indira Ghandi Intnl Airport and sleeping facilities on short layovers? I will be travelling 13 hrs form Toronto arriving into DEL at 21:30. My next flight to Dehradun Airport is at 06:00 the next morning. I need a place to sleep but dont think I can use their ‘Sam's Snooze’ facility because their website specifies it is only accessible to travellers proceeding onwards to international destinations and not domestic. Any insights??... OR any other on site sleep facilities you can suggest for a 5 hour nap. Thank you so much!
Old Apr 5th, 2018, 02:35 PM

You'll arrive into the international terminal. Find out from which terminal your domestic flight leaves--might be the one you arrive into, might not. It will depend on the airline to Dehradun.

Double check the Sam's requirements--contact them if there is an email address, perhaps on the airport's official website. Since you are arriving on an international flight, maybe they will waive the requirement about domesticc flights. I think that may apply only to passengers who go to the airport from Delhi, for a domestic flight.

Check the fabulous website sleepinginairports, which should list some possibilities for snoozing between flights at any airport in the world.

There are lots of modern hotels near New Del airport--it is called "Aerocity." But by the time you clear immigration, possibly transfer to a different airport terminal, then arrive into the departure area for your Dehradun flight, it would likely not be worth the extra time to get to hotel for such a brief period. If you do decide to chose this option, the airport has an agreement with the nearby Holiday Inn Express.

You could look into joining one of the international lounge companies, e.g. Premium Lounge, etc. Maybe the membership would be useful elsewhere in your trip.

Good luck!!
Old Apr 8th, 2018, 06:25 PM
Original Poster

Great tips CaliNurse! Thanks so much. I will look into all this! Tried to message New Deli Airport 3 times and no reply over the span of a week. Grrrrrr. Thanks again.
Old Apr 9th, 2018, 12:21 AM

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpres...ax/hoteldetail

Try this--perhps there is contact number or email to the transit hotel, and you'll have more luck than with email to the airport. The HIE is IN Terminal 3 apparently. As I mentioned above, check which airline you are taking for the DEL to Dehradun flight. Some depart from the same terminal where you'll arrive (T 3) ; other don't. If you are flying domestically on Jet, you'll leave from Termianl 3. Check the hotel for special "day" rates---maybe reasonable.
Old Apr 9th, 2018, 02:25 AM

You may write to the Holiday Inn Express, giving flight details of your arrival / ETA and your departure flight to Dehdadun / ETD. On the bases of this info they will book you up and charge.
The security will be extremely tight and for this reason ask the Holiday Inn Express rep. to meet you - and which they normally do - the moment you alight from your aircraft. Without him it will be pain! Check on their phone number (Mob. +91 9910605678??) and keep it handy.
They did have a booth in the arrival lounge as well.
Happy travels!
Old Apr 10th, 2018, 04:44 PM
Original Poster

vp_singh Wow..thanks so much. THE HOLIDAY IN REP MEETS ME WHEN I EXIT THE AIRCRAFT? Really??? Have you done this? Thanks so much!
Old Apr 10th, 2018, 04:45 PM
Original Poster

CaliNurse ok got it. THANK YOU for the advice!!
Old Apr 10th, 2018, 09:11 PM

jdurham: We don't write about things which we have not done, do we?
If these folks didn't send the rep nobody will risk that maize of security!!