Search

Hotels in Chiang Mai, Phuket and Siem reap in Dec

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Chiang Mai, Phuket and Siem reap in Dec

Hi,

Can anyone recommend where to stay in Chiang Mai, Phuket and Siem Reap? We currently have Sheraton hotels booked through points but they seem to be far from the center of each place. We are looking for a decent hotel at less than $75 a day.

Can anyone recommend some hotel booking websites?

Dec 24,25,26 - Angkor Wat
Dec 29,30,31, Jan 1,2 - Phuket
Jan 5,6,7,8,9 - Chiang Mai

Thank you.
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 09:25 AM

If you go to virtualtourist.com I noticed a lot of links to inexpensive hotels and b&bs in Siem Reap. Also go down the list at tripadvisor.com. That is high season so maybe even google siem reap!
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 09:27 AM

Do you mean this month? This is the busiest time of the year, and the prices will be at their highest. Check www.sawasdee.com for places in Thailand. They have good prices, and you don't have to pay until they have a guaranteed reservation for you.
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 09:42 AM

Another good booking site is www.sawadee.com. Looks similar to the one Kathie recommended and works the same. You pay once they confirm the room is available.

We stayed at Auberge Mont Royal in Siem Reap and really enjoyed it. great location and about $40 USD per night. It also has a pool. http://www.auberge-mont-royal.com/homepage.html

In Chiang Mai you could try Baan Orapin but I would guess they would be full. www.baanorapin.com. I stayed there in Feb. and loved it!

I stayed at another wonderful place called River Ping Palace in November and it is fantastic! It really isn't within walking distance to the center of town but it is peaceful, the owner is lovely and the food is off the charts delicious!!

In Bangkok, I stayed at the Centre Point Silom in Feb. It is in a perfect location and we paid $80 for a very large, nice 1 bedroom apartment with a great view over Bangkok.

Good luck! Book now because it is going to be busy!
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 04:59 PM

Since you're booking at the last minute, you might want to use a site like http://www.ratestogo.com that only shows what's available.